We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

Hi All,

I've booked above hotel for our stopover for 5 nights.

My question is, is it a good location? is it close to nice restaurants, bars & discos?

We are a couple (husband & wife) and it will be our first time in Pattaya.

We have been in Patong (3 times) and we quite enjoy Bangla road, to have a few beers and for people watching.

Is Walking street just like Bangla? I didn't feel offended or threatened or unsafe, is Pattaya the same ?

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
887 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

This hotel is in heart of walking street.

Bangla road is little wider compared to walking street, but the feel is similar.

No issues walking late night.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

Thanks for your reply

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

If it is this place below you are in a good location.

http://baywalkresidencepattaya.com/

baywalkresidencepattaya.com/contact.html

Royal Garden Mall is nearby. Restaurants and nightlife you can walk to.

Walking Street is a popular destination for new visitors. At the end of WS you find the Bali Hai Pier for ferry boat rides to Koh Larn. But there is nightlife from near the Dolphin statue (North Pattaya Road) all the way down to WS/South Pattaya Road area.

Beach Road is one way South. Sai Song is one way North. Pattaya is cheaper than Phuket for hotels and nightlife. Local transportation 10 baht when using baht buses.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Good luck.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

I'm certain the hotel is not in the heart of Walking Street as said above, if its the one I'm thinking of its off the main beach road through a little arcade the only time I recall passing is a few years ago when they had the Joe Lewis Puppet show just passed the hotel, plenty of good restaurants and shops all around the hotel area.

I was never keen on Walking Street years ago but we really go there now as we have the kids with us but its as safe as anywhere else, just crowded at night and fully of Russians you'll be able to walk there and back in a few minutes from your hotel there are a few bars were you can just sit have a dring and watch the parade go past. Just don't bother to go there during that day as you'll see its really a dump it just looks better at night when all the lights are on and the bars open.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

Not in the heart of walking street - spitting distance from Royal Garden. Only few blocks to Walking street and is a great location none the less.

Baywalk Residence on one side and Frasier Suites on the other side. (walk way in between from 2nd to Beach rd. (lots of vendours setup shop in between the 2 roads)

Edited: 29 January 2014, 13:01
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

Yes that's the hotel. We will walk WS one night then check out other spots. Lots of Russians I Patong too :(

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

Hi all,

I'm here now! And just giving some feed back.

We booked the mini suite with sea view, it's a louse room to say the least, as we arrived a bit late and very tired we slept there, but on following morning we moved to the royal suite.

If it's in your budget it's a perfect selection. If not avoid the mini suite and book a deluxe with veranda the mini suite is bad :/

Perfect location, and weather is beautiful!

Safe travels and speak soon.

8. Re: Baywalk Residence - 5 nights on July/14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 07:15