We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving in June

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba diving in June

I done my open water course on ko Samui at Christmas and loved it. Can't wait to do more diving. I'll be visiting Thailand in June but I'll only have 2 weeks so I'm trying to decide if I should spend a week in both Samui and pattaya or just hang around pattaya for the 2 weeks.

Has anyone dived in pattaya before? I'm guessing I wouldn't see quite as much compared to down south but is it worth doing? Would visibility be good that time of year as I know it's into rainy season then. I also hear there are some wreck sites near pattaya. Are these worth a go or am I even qualified to dive wreck sites as an open water diver?

London
Level Contributor
760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba diving in June

Hi Peter,

Went diving off Koh Larn in august last year. Can;t comment on the June weather, but to be honest theres not much to see off the coast off the islands. There is no decent reef, so authorities have attempted to attract sea life by putting concrete boxes down. However if lucky you can spot the odd dolphin.

Howevver, if you're after a fairly relaxing dive just to get your feet wet then its not bad. Used mermaids dive school, and they were very well organised and professional.

You can do the wreck dives (didnt get a chance) with open water (may be worth ringing dive centre first) but the days didnt work out for me, but I'll be trying when returning later this year.

If wreck diving doesnt work out for me, I;d stll go off Koh Larn again.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba diving in June

Thanks mate. Funny enough mermaids is the one I was looking at on the net. Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards staying in pattaya for the 2 weeks, I'd heard before you don't see as much sea life compared to the south but after doing the open water course, I'd like to get more experience diving. And a wreck dive definitely sounds worth a shot. Thanks again for the info!!

London
Level Contributor
760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba diving in June

No probs. I'm probably underplaying what you can see. Its not that bad. Not sure where you are staying, but they have a dive shop in the Centara Grand Mirage which is more accessible than their main centre, if you need to speak to someone (and it the hotel lets you in !).

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba diving in June

Cheers, I'm staying in central pattaya, I know their main office is in jomtien but either way, I'll get their number off their website. Thanks for your help.

5. Re: Scuba diving in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19