We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about location

ladyboy40
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Confused about location

Hi folks, heading out in July and we've narrowed it down to 3 hotels (Siam Bayshore / Marriot / Dusit Thani). But the best hotel location is confusing me. I probably fancy the Siam more than the other 2 but we feel it may just be too close to walking street and iwe might not see whats beyond this area, dont get me wrong because we will probably go to walking street most nights but feel we may miss out on other good entertainment areas. The Dusit looks really good and commands prime location on the North side but i think it may be too much of a walk to walking street, although we dont really mind a 20-25 minute stroll and this may allow us to pass by the other pubs / go-go bars /eating places ,etc. This now brings me to the Marriot, which is more central and lets us walk to North and Sth but is also ideally placed in location to walking street.

Please help and give me ideas where other good entertainment areas are (restaurants, bars, go-go bars, etc, etc). Which would you chose??

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Confused about location

We've been staying at the Dusit for years and wouldn't want to staying anywhere else in town, we have stayed at the Marriott but that was a long time ago if was were nice but only has small grounds / pool area we also thought the public arae were very hot as they are all open plan as are the walkways leading to the rooms, its also built on top of an underground car part so it can be noisy at night. We passed the Sian Bayshore a few times it look OK but none of these hotels can compare to the Dusit gardens or its position directly on the sea plus the hotel has a numbers of fine pools, three good restarants and great staff.

You can go out of the side entrance and get a baht bus to Walking Street or if like my wife go out of the main reception area and the bell captains team will call one in for you. You could stroll along the beach road to Walking Street in the day but its not worth it as its honestly a dump, at night it just looks better when all the lights are on and the bars open, at night best not to walking along certain sections of the beach road.

12. Re: Confused about location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 07:18