We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viewpoint

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Viewpoint

I was reading somewhere about a viewpoint overlooking pattaya. Apparently you can get to it from somewhere near walking street. Although supposed to be a bit of a walk so as I'll most likely be hungover, I'd probably take a motorbike taxi if it's worth visiting. Does anyone know about it? Anyone been before? Is it worth visiting? A good place to watch the sunset maybe?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viewpoint

Chumphonket Udomsak Monument on google map. There's a small temple there and also the Statue of HRH Prince of Jumborn. He is very beloved by Thai people and you see a lot of locals up there buying flowers, lighting incense, praying. Very beautiful panoramic view of the city of Pattaya during the day. It would be a good idea to combine a trip to Wat Phra Yai *big buddha* as it is very close to this. Maybe stop by the viewpoint before sunset to check it out. Some locals go up there during the nighttime with their love ones to relax and enjoy the view at night too.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viewpoint

^^ It is quite a walk and you will walk up the hill so I wouldn't recommend it. Since you're in that part of the area, if you really want a beautiful sunset view while having dinner, go to Cabbages & Condoms restaurant. Beautiful setting on the beach, multi level and very reasonable price for food and drinks considering the location.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viewpoint

Ok thanks. I'll check out wat phra yai and cabbages and condoms as well. I have read about those restaraunts but never tried one. I knew there was one in pattaya but didn't know it was right on the beach so yeah sounds like a good idea for sunset.

Yzerfontein, South...
Level Contributor
311 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viewpoint

We have walked to the view point a few times. It is quite a hike. If you see the PATTAYA sign on the hill, you can stand behind the letters. You just continue walking through Walking street and pass the Pier for boats to Koh Larn. Close to the end by the lighthouse, there are steps to the top. We however have not been there for sunset, but it is a stunning view over Pattaya and towards Koh Larn and other islands. Enjoy!

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viewpoint

Thanks. Is there a road going up

Or will I have to walk? Plus to get to the pier for ko larn, do I just follow walking street?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,577 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Viewpoint

Here are some links:

Khao Phra Tamnak.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293919-d3…

Visit the winery when in this area.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293919-d2…

From the top of the Hilton Hotel you will get a pretty good view. Old Intown Holiday Hotel (cheap hotel on Soi Honey Inn) has a roof pool and a pretty good view of Pattaya for a budget hotel.)

Jomtien area - Pattaya Park Tower. (I have never been in this area at night.)

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293919-d5…

Check to see if the view area from the top of Mike Mall is still open. This Mike Mall is easy to get to. Maybe check out the Central Festival Mall too.

Have fun.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,031 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viewpoint

I have to admit my definition of quite a hike is not just a walk up to the viewpoint :) :)

You're talking maybe a hour there & back from Walking St, with plenty of time taking photo's at the top You can take the longer route along to the lighthouse & up the hill from there if you want to.

Yzerfontein, South...
Level Contributor
311 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viewpoint

Peter, yes there is a road, so you can take a motorbike taxi, but you can walk. And yes to get to the pier, you just continue walking down Walking street. The pier is shortly thereafter. It is a trip worth going to Koh Larn for the day by ferry and inexpensive. We really enjoyed a day to Koh Larn.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viewpoint

Thanks folks, I'll be hitting pattaya at the end of my holiday and my main reason for going there is the nightlife. But while I would like to go up to the viewpoint, it's quite likely that I'll be hungover and will probably take a motorbike taxi!

Oudste, I did actually visit ko larn once before but I had a few friends with me so we all shared the cost of a speedboat from pattaya beach. I'm planning on spending a day there this time and will take the ferry as it's a lot cheaper, I just wasn't sure of the exact location of the pier so thanks for that.

10. Re: Viewpoint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:17