We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optician in Pattaya

Pambula, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Optician in Pattaya

Going back to Pattaya early June, have had dental work done but would like new glasses, won't have a prescription, anyone had experience with opticians including sight tests. Thank you......

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Top Charoen Optical is the major eye glasses franchise that is all over Thailand including in Pattaya. No prescription is needed. They will however insist you take an eye exam using the lenses (as opposed to giving them the specs) so they can be sure they are correct. Once that's done, you pick the glasses up later in the day or the next morning. This is very easy to do anywhere in Thailand.

Pambula, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Thank you so much for this info. If they are as competent at the dentist we go to I will be very happy.....

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Optician in Pattaya

We've used Top Charon Optical also, very good service and a decent range of frames. You'll not be short of choice as there are opticians everywere in Pattaya. The whole lenght of Pattaya Cental Road seen to have a few on everyblock.

Pambula, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Thank you for that Information, I feel much better now about using the optician in Pattaya,

Thank you for your replies

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Hi guys

Could some one tell me please - are they still make glasses with real glass or with plastic lenses only?

Thank you. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Lolly 489

Can you please let me know the details of the dentist you used, will be in Pattaya this Sunday and I need some dental work done

Pambula, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Hi LOula

We use BK Dental clinic, I have a card but they have moved, I know where they are and can probably give you detailed directions, please let me know where you are staying and I will try and give directions. The telephone numbers I have

Telephone 0-3872-0807

Fax 0-3841-2881

email pdc_pattaya@hotmail.com.

I gave the new card I had away, but we rang this number (from Aus) after he had moved and booked an appointment. Make sure it is Dr Suksan Wachum we call him Dr Suksan.

can email me at stuart.merl@gmail.com if you want more info. Couldn't find new address online, they are a bit slack about keeping details up to date but the dental work is top class..

Edited: 21 May 2014, 05:41
Pambula, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Sorry the email in message above is icorrect should be merl.stuart55@gmail.com

Pambula, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Talk about a dork, completely got email wrong, not my primary email and having a senior day email is

stuart.merl55@gmail.com

That is finally correct, sorry !!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Optician in Pattaya

Hi, I went to a place called NINEOPTIC. Sorry I dont have the address but they were a cheaper than the franchise shops, great service, and they could do it that day. The optician I think owns the shop and works until late every day. A terrific variety compared to the franhcise shops.

Viv