We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattaya solo September!

Isle of Barra...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Pattaya solo September!

I'm traveling to thailand for a 3 week holiday at the end of August, specifically going to Pattaya for the first week then I'll see what I want to do after that.... I was just wondering do many people travel solo there? Is it easy to meet up with folk when your over there? Also am I better to just wait till I get over there to get a hotel or should I book one before I go? I will probably arrive in Pattaya about 2300 hours on the 30th august, cheers!

Pattaya
Level Contributor
489 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattaya solo September!

No problem finding people to hang out with here... There are many solo travelers to Pattaya.

Coming that late, I would recommend booking a room for the first night at least, maybe to nights. Then you can walk around and see for yourself which area suits you the best. No problem finding rooms in september.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattaya solo September!

Usually you can still find a hotel with a walk-in in August. But you are arriving late so you ought to have a few suggestions in mind not far from each other so if one hotel is full for some reason you can walk to the next.

My suggestion is that you should choose a hotel near Pattaya Sai Song which is also known as Second Road. Or on a side soi leading up to it. This will allow you to walk to many things or use cheap 10 baht transportation. For hotel help include a price range to make it easier to suggest a room. My advice is for you to avoid hotels far out on Sukhumvit Road or in the boonies of Jomtien. At least for the first night or two.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Yes, solo travelers visit Pattaya, also herds of tourists from all over the world, even with wives, parents and kids tool If your Isle of Barra is the one in Scotland you will find pubs and bars where you may meet some of your countrymen. Take the time to do a forum SEARCH for hotel help and for things to see and do.

What price range?

3. Re: Pattaya solo September!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 23:05
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,245 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattaya solo September!

Drew S

"even the girls are not so good"

Not so good as what?

Whilst I agree that Pattaya would not be my choice of venue in Thailand and I would not be tempted into the sea there I would say that

"pattaya land of smelly sewer beachers of broken glass and rats" might be taking it a bit far.

For what it is worth I have encountered smelly sewers/drains rats and broken glass in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket to name but a few.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 19:18
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pattaya solo September!

This is the 3rd thread I've read this evening where Drew has been posting this stuff, & I noticed his original thread has already been closed, but he has not yet got the hint somehow

I don't think he did much research for his trip to be honest, because nobody in their right mind would go to Pattaya if they wanted a nice beach.

Anyway, back to the original query, yes plenty of people travel by themselves, its very easy to meet people & I would certainly book a hotel in advance

Isle of Barra...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pattaya solo September!

Sorry for the late reply guys, been away working... Thanks very much for the info, I see one was deleted so I take it that wouldn't have been much help anyway ha!

Yeah infidelal it's the isle of barra I'm from :)..... I'm thinking of probably having a week in Pattaya then going exploring round other places, hopefully make it over to Phucket also, would like to make it to some places with beautiful beaches and scenery too, I have just over three weeks so that will give me a bit of time! Thanks once again,

Isle of Barra...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pattaya solo September!

Oh yeah my price range looking at the hotels there already would probably be 10 to 20 pound a night for the hotel, not looking to go to fancy and not looking to slum it up much either!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pattaya solo September!

Don't expect good beaches in Pattaya. Pattaya beach is no good for swimming but okay for jogging, sunbathing, restaurants, nightlife and malls. Pattaya will be cheaper than Phuket. Especially for local transportation.

Below two places are in good locations where you can walk to many things. Maybe start there for a night or two and look around for something different.

Queen Victoria Inn.

http://www.queenvictoria-inn.com/

Charlie Place.

http://www.charlie-place.com/

Map below. Most of the malls, nightlife, restaurants, supermarkets are on Sai Song (Second Road) or Pattaya Beach Road or side sois that connect to them. Pattaya is easy walking.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Look over the FAQ's on the right side. Green banner at top of page has info for many things. (Real computer shows more options than a smart phone.)

Isle of Barra...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pattaya solo September!

Cheers once again, great help!

10. Re: Pattaya solo September!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:16