We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

HI,

Im planning a trip to Pattya with a mate. We are both middle aged AUssies that want to hit the bars and have a good time. We just want to go to places where we can have a good time but not get ripped off or scammed.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

Hi, never felt scammed or ripped off in Pattaya. Depending where you are staying, there are soooo many bars around I am sure you will find one for your liking. If you go to walking street, there are some bars with great bands as well. Actually quite a few bars have bands or singers entertaining guests.

Viv

stockport
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

Manny Aussies own bars in pattaya , why not start at aussiebar Soi 7, and get talking to a few people

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,778 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

Soi Buakhao (street) is one of the best area's for having some fun without getting ripped off. I usually went to the Club Blu where You can sit inside or just outside.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

Soi Bukhau .yes. Walking street is over priced. Free ping pong show....you'll have to search hard for one (X zone or windmill) is as close to free as you're gonna get. Most English, ozzie etc don't use walking street much. There are literally thousands of bars. Expect to pay 50 to 70 baht for a beer unless it's a go go then double it. I'm no expert!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

I usually stay around the LK Metro area at night, not really bothered much with Walking Street

During the day, I just sit at any bar I'm walking past if I want a cold beer

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

I can't remember ever being scammed in a bar in Pattaya. But I never get so wasted that extra charges will be added to my chit box without me knowing it. If you fail to ask what the price is for a particular drink before you order or even drink it - your fault! Some people pay when the drink shows and leave when they want. Like the previous post mentions there are several Ausie bars in Pattaya. Google check and Forum Search will come up with a few suggestions.

Don't get really wasted and wander around Pattaya Beach Road (beach side) after midnight with a wallet full of money and maybe wearing chains of gold because like cockroaches there will be some scumbags lurking the shadows to remove that extra weight from you! (Some are guys who look like women too!) Don't wander around the city wearing big expensive gold chains hanging from your neck or some kid on foot or even on the back of a motorbike could rip it off your neck. (Gold chains get ripped off in many Western countries too.)

A hotel in the right location will make it easy to walk to many things or use cheap 10 baht transportation. My advice is to avoid renting motorbikes, especially after drinking. Too many tourists end up hurt or dead when they rent motorcycles and hit things or "things" hit them! Read the caution on the side for scams when renting water craft. (FAQ's show up on right side under "Top Questions about Pattaya" when using a real computer.)

Have fun.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

The most common scams in pattaya are when you rent motorbikes or jet skis and get accused of causing damage you didn't do so I'd avoid renting either. The police won't help you either. You won't get scammed in the bars but yeah it is known to happen that they might exaggerate your bill if you get too drunk so just keep an eye on your bill but I don't think it happens that often. The girls will often ask you to but them drinks, that's your choice but I often do if I'm enjoying myself and the girl is being friendly and chatty. But if they start asking you to but tequilas one after the other, say no or your bill will end up quite costly!!

The most popular nightlife area is walking street. Some like it, some find it too hectic. It is the most expensive part though. It has some good restaraunts, plenty of beer bars, gogo bars, discos and bars with live music.

Soi LK metro has also become quite popular, it's mainly gogo bars with some beer bars around the corner on soi Diana. Soi 7 is another popular street, mainly beer bars. Then on beach road, 2nd road and soi bukhaew you have plenty of life. Loads of bars of all descriptions and restaraunts!!! Basically there is plenty of life all over pattaya and you'll easily meet people wherever you go.

As already mentioned, avoid the beach side of beach road late at night, it's about the only part of pattaya that your likely to be robbed.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

And yeah if your on walking street, ignore the guys that approach you with free ping pong show signs! Plus keep in mind when you see girls advertising very cheap beer outside gogo bars, it'll be one particular type of beer, most likely not the one you want. Gogo bars are more expensive than most bars but still worth visiting even for a drink or two.

Another must see street is soi 6, if you want some real naughtiness!!!!!

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

Thanks mates. Really appreciate of the good advice. I will keep searching and be back with the places we want to go to.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Bars for a first time traveller to Pattaya

No problem mate, if you want any recommendations on particular bars or restaraunts, just ask, tell us what type of bars or restaraunts. I've been visiting for 13 years. Just back from my latest trip 4 weeks ago and going again for New Years! Love it!!!