We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Planning to visit Pattaya in September, we are 2 guys aged 30, I have been to pattaya previously in the month of May and February some years back and I loved the vibe there, we were best friends as kids and we are meeting up almost 15 yrs to get together and party, we want this trip to be really special, our idea of fun is not just hangining with bar girls, we like general vibe and buzz of a holiday destination and like it when there are fellow travellers around .

So would like to know is September a good month to be in pattaya? Or the town is dead?

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Pattaya is never dead! I went in June and was told June was the quietest month there. It was a little quieter than my previous trips but there was still no shortage of people, bars and clubs still in full flow and had a great time!!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Thanks peter ... I think I'll go ahead and book my holiday ... Is it also fine for water activities ? Travelling to Koh larn etc?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Tourists visit every month of the year. September is okay, maybe a little more rain at times but no worse than where you come from. Rain usually stops in an hour or two.

Since you have been to Pattaya before you realize that the water quality at Pattaya Beach is not too good. Read up on scams for renting watercraft. Be careful wandering around Pattaya Beach Road, especially water side, late at night.

September is okay, fewer people than December but hotels are cheaper and the plant life looks alive. Any delay on the 30 baht ferry boat ride to Koh Larn will be temporary if at all.

Good luck.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

I don't think I've ever been to pattaya in September but I'm sure it'll be fine. As you can get a ferry to ko larn, they'd be able to handle rough seas. If your going to rent a jet ski, do it from ko larn. Too many scams on pattaya beach.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Thank you guys for your suggestions .. I think I'll confirm my travel in September :-)

swansea
Level Contributor
112 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

We always travel in sept,ember....in fact again this year. It's a fantastic month to go, is busy still but will be quieter than most other months due to time of the year, particular for European travellers. Weather always been great, will get rain but as mentioned does go quickly after a while. I wouldn't bother with the water sports well it on beach as we been stung and see other people had very and experiences, try through your hotel that's best.

Everything open as normal so won't notice any different...

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

Thanks swansealad, so maybe we'll bump into you guys , in one of the bars perhaps :-) ... Happy travelling :-)

8. Re: Travelling in September .. Worth it ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pattaya