We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pattaya - bkk

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
210 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
pattaya - bkk

where can one find taxis to take us to bkk from pattaya. how much would this cost?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pattaya - bkk

It is not hard. Your hotel can probably arrange it, or a travel agent (there are many on Pattaya). Several years ago, I made the trip for 800 Baht. I expect it is closer to 1000, maybe even 1200 now.

Pattaya
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pattaya - bkk

The rate of 800 Bht that you will see advertised all around town is to the airport, if it is a transfer to another hotel in Bangkok it will be more, this also does not include tolls, if you book through the hotel it will cost at least half as much again, incidently the new airport is half an hour closer to Pattaya but they were charging 800 Bht to the old one before, so another rip off from the taxi guys.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pattaya - bkk

Are you coming from Hotel in Bkk or Airport?

Your hotel can fix you up, or there is a kiosk at the airport.

There are 2 kinds of taxi...the meter taxi and "limo"...in true Thai style neither are quite what they seem. It is very unlikely the Taxi meter will use his meter, and the limo is strtching the name rather than the car, it most probably will be a late model Toyota Camry.

Limos are a little dearer but not much. The taxi will be a redand blue or green & yellow small sedan Honda civic size.

Before setting of be clear on the price whichever vehicle you choose. Airport is currently around 1050 to 1300...this may include 60 baht motorway toll and a fee the taxi is charged for using the airport.

THe 2 routes to Pattaya are the 34 or the 7, both have tolls and end up in road works somewhere along the liine. I prefer the 34 it is the raised flyover type and less crowded.

If you get the call of nature etc the driver will stop half-way-ish but you can always ask him to stop whenever you like. I have a friend who tips the driver an extra 100 baht if he doesn't exced 100 kmph all the way!

National speed limit is 90km, on motorways it's 120.

From the hotel there is always the option of a shared minibus if you want to save a bit of money (cost about 300baht?)

Pattaya
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: pattaya - bkk

HI, apologise for the earlier reply I missread your qustion the information that I gave you is for the opposite direction Pattaya to Bangkok, hope it helps when you head back......sorry

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,574 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: pattaya - bkk

where can one find taxis to take us to bkk from pattaya. how much would this cost?

``````````

There are shared vans that you can sign up for at one of the many travel agencies all over Pattaya.

Or.

You can take the Ekamai bus to Bangkok, the air-con Vip bus is only around 120 baht per passenger and leaves pretty often. Dedicated baht bus to bring you to the Pattaya bus terminal will probably run 80 baht or less.

Just walking around town you will pass by travel agencies and travel desks offering rides to Bangkok, make sure they understand if you are going to the airport or to a hotel.

Happy New Year.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pattaya - bkk

www.learn-in-asia.com/taxitransfers.htm

I have used these before. Very reliable

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pattaya - bkk

Sorry forgot to mention. Last year Taxis were asking around 2000 Baht at the Airport to Pattaya, I used the above company.

Coming back is about a 1000 with the Toll Charges

8. Re: pattaya - bkk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 23:17