We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Hello everyone,

I have managed to upload a short summary (we really were a boring bunch!! Ha!) and also some photos. You can view it at :

travelblog.org/Australasia/…blog-130297.html

Hope you all enjoy and let me know if there are any specific photos you would like (will email the originals to you)... otherwise I will try at least send the couple ones along... Sorry Beth & Craig as I didnt get one of you two together! I thought I got everyone but I realised today I missed you guys... hopefully Cathy got a shot!

Reet xxx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Hi Reet. The title to this post will certainly get people wondering what we got up to!!! LOL.

Had a look at the blog pages, great photos! (I'm glad someone took some photos). We had such a great time and really enjoyed catching up with so many people, although there were many we didn't get to speak to....next dinner will have to mix up the tables a bit.

Definately count us in for the next dinner. Thanks again to you and cathy for organising it all.

Jane

x

Meningie, Australia
Level Contributor
331 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Ditto about the organising part. I was sort of having a chuckle about threads title as I kept getting sms messages from a mate who was asking if keys had been chucked in yet.

A great night had by all!!!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Thanks Reet,

Well done!! You've done a great job.

Hey, it's a beautiful night tonight!!!

You can count us in on a 'next time' too.

Amanda

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Great photo's Reet, thanks. Considering the heat, looks like you all had a great night.

I'll save the Frequent Flyers for next time!, just used most of the last lot for this trip to Thailand!

Chez

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Well done Reet, I loved the writeup, heres a few more photos, sorry if I have any names mixed up.

Cathy

travelblog.org/Australasia/…blog-130328.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Dearest Reet & Cathy

Thank you for posting your wonderful photos of our hot & steamy get together in Adelaide last night. Everyone can now be assured that we really are the city of churches and know how to behave ourselves in our big country town, which is also why we can pull off such a great spontaneous (well almost) night despite the heat.

Cathy, I wish you had worn your crown, it seriously is well a & truly deserved in all honour & glory.

Reet, what can I say, now I've seen how many photos that camera takes, I know why your blog photos are so brilliant.

Look forward to catching up with everybody again down the track.

To all of us "in waiting" have a great holiday, and to all those who've "been there done that", we'll swap stories etc upon our return and look forward to future travels.

Thanks again to all, especially Reet & Cathy

Lee & Trevor xx

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Lee, The crown was there for one photo and its a shocker, I look like I dont have any teeth haha.

Cathy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

I think I will arrange one for about 3 months time... once the others have had their trips! I will keep everyone posted.

Great photos Cathy...

Hope I got everyones names right too!

Reet xxx

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Great idea Reet, Lets do it mid May (so we can come) Should we go for a private room this time?? suppose it depends on numbers.

Just sent you an email re Marom and photos to dissect of him.

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adelaide Get-Together A Sweaty Success!

Hi Reet & Cathy

Mid May sounds good, private room like you suggest, would probably depend on numbers. It might be, (as sometimes happens on TA), not everyone is as available, once they've had there holiday. But, for those social butterfles like us ("NOT") and all the next visitors, it might be a good social gathering and fun night out. Maybe we should find a pole for practice in Adelaide. At present, I really don't think I'll be putting my hand up for that one. Lee