We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White water rafting

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
White water rafting

Hi Guys,

Yes.... I have done a search, but didn't really come up with much info... or maybe I am too slack to read it all....

Anyone done this in Phuket, and can give details... cost, time etc...

thanks in advance :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White water rafting

Hi, I haven't gone myself but I recall that the ATV tour does a package with white water rafting, try looking at www.atvphuket.com although I think its combined with an ATV tour (which would be great anyway)

West Mids. UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: White water rafting

My partner and I did this day trip. It was around £20 (GBP) each I think, for about an hour actually rafting. (and a good 2 1/2 hour drive each way) We really enjoyed it however on the day we went it had been raining early and the water speed had increased, the guides messed about alot and our boat ended up going over a mini waterfall/ledge (only about a 6ft drop - but still scary for your first time rafting). When you get to Phuket, there are thousands of brouchures everywhere to pick up. Also don't booked through your hotel they charge more. And if you book through someone in town, we found there was room for haggling!

West Mids. UK
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: White water rafting

My partner and I did this day trip. It was around £20 (GBP) each I think, for about an hour actually rafting. (and a good 2 1/2 hour drive each way) We really enjoyed it however on the day we went it had been raining early and the water speed had increased, the guides messed about alot and our boat ended up going over a mini waterfall/ledge (only about a 6ft drop - but still scary for your first time rafting). When you get to Phuket, there are thousands of brouchures everywhere to pick up. Also don't booked through your hotel they charge more. And if you book through someone in town, we found there was room for haggling!

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White water rafting

is it doable during dry season? ie april?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White water rafting

Hi Mumjo

I went in May last year, cant remember who I went with sorry but included 30min elephant ride and 45min white water rafting. It also was located on the mainland, not phuket island, so was a fair drive but got to see some excellent scenery. They actually controlled the water flow in the rapids so I would say it is available all year round particularly in April.

Have Fun

Michael

6. Re: White water rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 19:17