We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Resort

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
20 reviews
Centara Grand Resort

I am planning a large group holiday next July at Centara Grand Resort, up the hill in Karon.

Knowing that the hotel restaurant food is expensive, can anyone please tell me exactly where the beach bar is, often mentioned as ''200 yards away'' - is that left or right?

Also is it possible to cross the stream to reach the area of small restaurants near In On the Beach hotel?

3 replies to this topic
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Centara Grand Resort

Anyone?

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
196 reviews
2. Re: Centara Grand Resort

THe hotel is not 'up the hill' in Karon. It is 'on the beach' in Karon. If you are staying in a hotel 'up the hill' then maybe you have booked the Centara villas which are 200m up the hill from Centara Grand.

If you are actually at Centara Grand, then yes they have a beachfront bar and snack. This is at hotel prices.

If you walk onto the beach and turn right, about 100m away is a little beachside restaurant (which is not cheap, but cheaper than hotel).

If you turn left, you can walk about 10-15mins into Karon and choose from 100's of places.

If you do a simple google earth search you can see all this clearly.

Midlands
Level Contributor
262 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Centara Grand Resort

The beach bar is called Daengs and is cheap in my opinion, the prices seemed very much on par with most other restaurants in Karon. We have used it the past two years, glass of wine 100bht, large 630ml beer is 120bht and many food dishes are priced from 100/120 bht. It is a great place and the food is lovely.

The stream across the beach is passable if you cross near to the sea but the bridge has now collapsed. Two years ago there was a gate you walk out from Centara Grand to reach the cafe without crossing the stream but last year they had this closed. But you can also climb over the wall from the Centara Grand to reach it without great difficulty.

Reply to: Centara Grand Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted