We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Hi all, we have just checked into our flight for this Saturday, so less than 48 hours to go, Yoohoo!

Just want to say a very big thanks to so many helpful TA forum members for all their advise, info, support and friendship during this last 11 months of planning. Special thanks from day one go to Cathy & Gary, Phuket Richard,Tedkarma & Athena, followed by some great JBR's from Neegs, Tiff& Rod and more recently Firebucket and KGB4.Thanks to all the April crowd that have kept up some very long and entertaining posts, (there are just too many to list, but we are so lucky to be meeting most of you while we are there). Many thanks to CJ & Chez for their great recommendations for Kata and Ko Samui, Richard gets an extra thanks for never giving up on us with our never ending accommodation saga. But the biggest thanks I can give is to a very special lady (who unfortunately cannot post on here anymore), but who has heart of gold and gave us all the most entertaining travel stories to read about her adventures in Thailand last Xmas. I only hope she realises how much her words have helped so many people. Well done, Reet, you're a legend.

So, with less than 48 hours to go, I better get my butt into gear and get packing.

We're going to Thailand on Saturday, we're going to Thailand on Saturday, la la la la.

Luv Lee xxx

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Dear Lee,

Have a great time - try to let us know how it's going over there, if Trevor lets you get on the TA during your holiday!!!

Can't wait to meet you at the bbq on the 20th, if not before.

Love Sandy & John XXX

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,899 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Lee & Trevor,

I hope you have the most fantastic holiday, which you will of course. We will have another Adelaide dinner mid May and catch up with you both again. Even though you havent left yet, you have also given lots of good advise and help to other people.

Im looking forward to Sunday, then I can say we go next month haha.

Have fun

Cathy & Gary xxxx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Hi Lee (and Trevor),

You are worth me trying to do a post.... although god knows how long it will last!!!

Have an amazing holiday sweetie.... you have been as helpful on this site as anyone else.... dont forget I will be sending you my DVD list! ;-)

Love ya, safe travels and see ya when you get back

Reet xxxxxxxx

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

You go girlfriend! Remember yesterday, think about tomorrow but live today! Enjoy it to the hilt, something tells me you will!

Cheers

Tiff xxx

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Hi Lee,

Hope you have a great start to your holiday....it will obviously get better once you meet the rest of the April TA crew but hey....!

I'm sure all the planning and accomodation issues will be completely forgotten after a few days,and a few cold Changs...

If you can, keep an eye on the forum and I'll try to keep the Gathering post on the 17th updated

-James & Carinna.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
661 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Hi Lee and Trevor,

It's been a long time coming and I'm excited for you guys.

We will be heading off just after you return so I hope to get some more tips from your JBR.

I

t's been great reading your posts I'm going to miss them in the next few weeks. They have been very helpful to us.

Have an absolute ball over there and yes I think you should start packing........

Luv

Julie and Russell

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

well.......WOW...can you BELIEVE it Lee.....you're GOING!!!

I am totally jealous but on the upside makes me realise we're closer to seeing Phuket AND you guys even sooner!

You have been an angel in your posts to me as well, and I'll be surely thanking the same people as you have just done....

Enjoy the rest of your packing, get some sleep....

- Sam x

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

The day has finally arrived!!

I was very excited when I checked in too!!!!! I wish I was going.

Have a great trip and make the most of every minute because it goes so quickly. And soon your back at work AAAaaarrghhhh!!!

Seriously, have a fabulous time and safe travels.

Rob

Newcastle oz
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Good bye good luck all the best see you on the 20th at BBQ

Regards Brett & Joanne

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just checked in, now I'm excited!

Hi Lee, Yes your going to Thailand on Saturday..lol. How many of us wish we were saying that. Enjoy every minute of your adventure because you will be in Thailand. CJ