We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Topic
Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Hi,

Has anyone recently stayed at Centara Karon Resort, preferably with children recently (my boys will be 7 and 8 in Oct 2018 when we plan on going)?

Got a few questions if you have.

-How did you find the resort with kids? (Last time my it was just my wife and I staying Ban Thai in Patong).

-"Lagoon" vs "Tropicale" - what would be the difference?

-Easy enough walk with kids around the streets outside of the resort for shopping, food, drinks etc?

-Good assortment of shopping/dining/drinking options in Karon without the *need* to head into patong?

-How much to get a Tuk Tuk from Karon to Patong?

Thanks! And I may have more question if they pop up.

PS: Also a huge thanks to all for helping me out with my other posts/questions!

M.G.Collection
Gift & Speciality Shops
Gs tailoring phuket
Gift & Speciality Shops
6 replies to this topic
Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Centara Karon is a great hotel with kids. Our kids were 9 and 11 when we stayed and they have a great full-time European Kids Club crew to entertain the 6-12yo's.

They run water games, treasure hunts, discos etc and they greet you at breakfast and dinner everyday. They are a true asset to the hotel.

In relation to rooms, the Lagoon rooms are all next to the big Lagoon Pool. The tropicale Rooms are right next to the 'pool bar' pool and about a 50m walk to the lagoon pool and much quieter.

We stayed in the Tropicale rooms and loved the fact that the kids could easily access the lagoon pool but we still had a quieter area.

The lagoon pool has loud music and games all day, so if you want to relax on the balcony and read, you would not be able to concentrate.

The area around the hotel is safe and has everything you need, many restuarants, shops laundry, massage etc. Also only a 5min walk to the twice weekly Karon Markets at the temple.

The beach is alos 5 minutes walk.

TukTuk (from memory) was 300-400 baht, but there is also a shuttle bus.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Wow, that is the most awesome, response thank you!

Flight Centre quoted $1154 for 9 nights in a Premium Deluxe Tropicale room which I reckon is a great price. Are the rooms in good knick?

I wouldn't mind the music etc...all part of the holiday feel!

It's good to hear good things, some reviews have people sounding really picky, or complaining more about the guests. I do remember a few years ago there being a certain nationality who did come across as a bit rude, but really, in the scope of things, people do forget manners on holiday, you just ignore them!

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Try travelonline.com.au . We use them for our phuket trips every year and they are rarely beaten on price.

They have 9 nights in tropicale for under $1000 including breakfast daily.

We have stayed at numerous resorts around Phuket and do totally understand the issues with certain nationalities, however Centara Karon did not seem to attract those.

You will not be disappointed.

We are trying Sunwing Kamala this Easter.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Travelonline are reputable?

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

They are the number 1 agent for Thailand ex Australia. We use them every year.

They only take $100 deposit and remainder due 30 days before departure.

You can research reviews online. Often in the Sunday papers are best deals of the week.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)

Thanks again so much for all this valuable info! You've been a priceless help!

Reply to: Centara Karon Resort Phuket (and Karon itself)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted