We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
498 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Can anyone give me an idea of how far it is between these two hotels... if it is walking distance or not..

ta muchly..

Debbie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Hi KEVnDEB,

We have done that walk sooo many times, along the beach road, allow 20 mins to half an hour, depending on how much people traffic and how hot it is. We usually stop at the Irish Bar half way for a coldy on the way, but sometimes it just as easy to get a tuk tuk. It was easier by tuk tuk to go the back way from the rear of Holiday inn, but havent been since they changed the traffic routes. Sue

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
498 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Thats great .... Thanks Sue.... we have met a few people on here. .that are staying at Hol In... and we are at Club A... and thought we would catch up whilst over there....

Cheers

Debbie

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Deb,

From the sounds of you (all the shopping etc) you will need about 2 hours to walk there, as you wont be able to resist stopping at shops along the way. But 20 - 30 mins is a good time with just 1 or 2 stops along the way.

Cathy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
498 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Hi Cathy

Not too sure about all the shopping... from my experience in Bali.. I need someone with me..... i am soo not good at batering... takes me a while to get into the swing of it... but I'll sure be having a good crack at it...

Cathy from your vast experience... there is just the two of us... and kevin asked if I was only taking one suitcase.. which is quite a big one... do you think that is sufficient... given that the clothing we take is very light and can be rolled up small.. .or do you think an extra case for shopping is called for... what do you guys do> we are only going for 9 nights..

Cheers

Debbie

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Hahah DEB...you are gorgeous (asking this question!)

I'm thinking the walk there will be fine...the "stumble" home is REALLY gonna suck!...lol

TUK-TUK ANYONE?

- Sam xxxx

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
498 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

hehehe.. Sam.. you're on my wavelength!..... lol

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Yo Deb & Sam,

Now I am sure that we will manage - so long as we link arms to support each other! Those 120Baht cocktails sound dangerous! I'm tipping that we'll need the protection of the 'drunks crossing' signs by the end of the night - perhaps we should just carry our own!

Deb, Max thinks that I only take 1 suitcase (silly man) - which technically I do, however, I have a couple of those 'space bags' to compress all the soft stuff on the way home - which of course makes heaps of room. I also pack another BIG spots type bag flat in the bottom of the suitcase that magically appears to be filled up no matter how little shopping I initially plan on doing!

Not long to go now!

See you soon,

Maxine

xox

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
498 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

You're a tricky devil Maxine... good thinking... not sure I have a sports bag I would put into checked in baggage however... but the compressed bags seem a good way to go... how do you suck the air out of them when you are coming home???

Deb

5 sleeps for moi... 4 for you ... and counting. .

HOpe you win lots at bingo for spending money..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Hi Deb,

I bought the traveller ones - you just roll them up! Big W have a whole range.

Unfortunately I didn't win my spending money last night :-( But I'm not going to let that stop me!!

Max is going out on his bike on Sunday, which will give me plenty of time to pack - thats when it really hits that we're off soon!

Did you get my emails? I'm getting mail in but I don't think mine is going anywhere?

See you soon,

Maxine

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Andaman to Holiday Inn How far?

Morning Girls!

Just got back from watching my 5yo daughter play Mary in a play at her little "catholic" school (sorry bout the religious reference if I offend anyone..haha) She had to weep as Jesus was lead away....cute but I'm sure at that age they have no clue!..haha

I was wondering too about sucking the air out? (I'm sure this is where hubby could think of millions of come-backs!) Oooh, religious and crude all in one post? Samantha!!

We're STILL taking at least 4 suitcases + onboards for all 5 of us....at least 2 will be empty...but jeez, you cant tell hubby!! I'll just sit back and wait for the appropriate time to say...."I told ya so hunny!"

- Sam xxx