We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Airport to Hotel Taxi

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Phuket Airport to Hotel Taxi

Hello All,

I was wondering approximately how much a taxi will cost my fiance and I from Phuket Airport to the Katathani on Kata Noi beach? We will be landing in Phuket late at around 2 AM and were also wondering if getting a taxi at this time may be more difficult.

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Airport to Hotel Taxi

Anybody?

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Airport to Hotel Taxi

Hi Data,

Well, we paid 470B from the Airport to south Patong Beach (holiday Inn) in the middle of the afternoon. We were in a METER TAXI though and that is generally cheaper than the "negotiated fares".

If you can get a meter taxi at that time of the morning then do so. I would guestimate that it would cost you about 700B in one.

If you have to negotiate at that time of the morning, I would guess that they will have you right where they want you!

Expect to pay anything up to 1000B. Give or take a baht or two. This is only a guess tho, as I never had to do it. Cathy should have a bit better idea, but I would be interested to read about it on your JBR upon returning.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Airport to Hotel Taxi

Firebucket is right, if you are going to take a taxi make sure its a METERED taxi. There is a stand at the airport (outside I think). Do a search on here for Metered taxi's and you'll get plenty of info plus the correct direction on how to find them once you exit the airport. WE arrived at 10pm at night and because we had 3 kids in tow I decided to pre arrange transport from airport to the hotel because I just didn't want any hassle after being on a plane for so long with the kids. I probably paid more than the taxi but its still cheaper than getting transport in our home countries.

4. Re: Phuket Airport to Hotel Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 20:15