We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi just wondering if anyone is syaying at the Horizon resort and spa at karon beach in june.

Also do any of you have boys.

we are going in a large group of 8 adults and 7 children but 6 of the children are girls and my 11 year old son is getting really worried.

Stating there from the 17th of june to the 27th.

Great to hear from anybody

Thanks Nat

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi there Nat,

I will be staying at the Horizon Karon in July with a group of 3 other adults, so I don't meet any of your criteria I'm afraid! :) However, I would be really interested in hearing your comments of the resort when you get back- I will be arriving there on the 12th July.

Hope you have a ball - not long to go now!!

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

sure.

I hope its going to be great.

Not sure how much you got yours for but we paid $70 a night with lots of extras.

If you havnt paid yet and this works out cheaper just let me know and I can give you the details.

Thanks Nat

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
668 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi Nat,

We are staying at the Horizon Karon from the 22 - 29th June and are also travelling in a large group (well, two families). We have a tribe of kids between us. And yes two are boys, 12 & 9. Our group consists of 4 adults and 6 kids.

We arrive in Phuket on the 15th and are staying at the Horizon Patong. Actually I believe that we are both attending the Friday night BBQ on 22nd.

Looking forward to catching up.

Warren

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Thats great,

Im sure we will run into you.

Have you organised much or are you waiting until you get there ?.

So much to do Im having a hard time trying to fit it all in.

Do you think you will use the kids club much from reports it seems more for the little ones ?.

My son will be wrapped he seems to always be outnumbered by girls wherever we go.

Nat

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi Nat, hope you have a great time... we are staying there in October. We also got a very good price. Look forward to everyones comments on the Horizon Karon when you all return.

Rene

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi Nat,

Thanks for that. We also managed to secure a good deal too - must be a few of them going around! :)

Looking forward to hearing your report when you get back

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

We Stayed their in October last year with our 2 year old and had a wonderful time. The staff were fantastic.

There was a Tuk Tuk to take you up and down the hill if you get a bit tired. The free bus to Patong beach is a bonus. Also if you are not into climbing lots of stairs ask for a ground or 1st floor room as their are no lifts. There was a new section opening as we were leaving that had a lift. I think it was for the deluxe and larger rooms though.

Have a great time, it seems so long a go now.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
668 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi Nat,

No, we havent organised much apart from the BBQ and a trip to the Elephant & Gibbon rehab with Richard on the 17th.

We will book as we go. The last time we went we did this and saved heaps from bartering prices rather than booking in advance.

Our lot are probably too old for the kids club but from what I've read there is heaps for them to do with tours and golf, go carts, shopping etc etc.

See you very soon.....3 weeks to go...

Mandurah, WA
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

Hi Holiday time 40.. My partner and I are looking to go there in August.. How are the Pools? Are they large?

10. Re: Anyone staying at Horizon Karon beach in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 19:18