We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,906 posts
416 reviews
Save Topic
A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum, I have had soooo many emails and messages of support re my mum, so if I havent replied to everyone (been a tad busy) Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.

She had a mini stroke (her third) and will never be ok due to severe stage Alzheimers but I have just spent 2 absolutely fantastic days with her, couldnt have been better.

Did I tell you all

WE ONLY HAVE 3 MORE SLEEPS haha

Cathy

western aust
Level Contributor
610 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

hi cathy,it sounds like you will be ready for a holiday.I know how special a mum is,I lost mine 3 years ago. hope you have a great holiday and we will see you there. jenny

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Cathy thats wonderful and I hope you get to spend plenty more fanastic days with her, our mums are special people.

Have a great time, we'll miss you...

(Be careful of Mark and Richard haha)

Rene

south australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

all the best with your mum, see you at the bbq

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Hi Cathy

So glad you got to spend that precious time with your mum.

We all know how fast those last 3 sleeps will go. Have the absolute best holiday, we'll certainly miss you.

Lots of big hugs, Lee xx

Australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

My thoughts are with you and your Mum , Cathy, I am so sorry that her health is not good but so glad that you had a fantastic time with her.

Oh and LUCKY you, I am sooooooo jealous, have a FABULOUS time which I just know you will and buy up big esp on those bags!!!!!!!! LV has some great new ones out, maybe they'll be in Phuket already too!!!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

Hugs and love Maz :-)

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Hey there, Cathy. I didn't know about your mum (as you know, I haven't been in here for ages). I'm glad you've had some good time with her.

Have a great trip, and I'll see you there!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Babe - we've got your back, go and have an absolute ball! You are our rock just as your mum is yours!

Love ya to pieces!

Cheers

Tiff xxx

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Hey Cathy,

Sent you an email, hope all is well and you and Gary have the best holiday!! Wish we were there with you, have a good three sleeps!!!

Chez

xx

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Hi Cathy,

None of us would be anything without our families and its always sad to see one of your loved ones with an ailment as it is so draining mentally.

I am glad you had a nice 2 days with your Mum its something you will always treasure.

I am sure you and Gary will have a wonderful time and "is it only 3 more sleeps"??? are you sure??

Cheers, Pete.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
661 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A HUGE thankyou from me and mum

Hiya Cathy, I'm so glad you spent some quality time with your Mum before you go. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. xx

Now, I realise the bags were out of the cupboard a couple of days ago.....but....have you even started packing yet.??? How many cases does one take when one is leaving for sooooooo long. I need to research this for the VILLA trip.. haha

Julie