We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

western australia
1 post
Save Topic
prices

Hi i have been offered a paid wedding in phuket and i have come across a little situation... This being that the company i am going through ..... info discovery..... have said that the intire package was 49000 baht..., now i have gone to pay and they say it is now going to cost me 72000 baht!!!!! I need some help with this has any one got suggestions or can someone please explain if this is right or not??????????????/

Perth West Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: prices

torel78,

don't know much about weddings, one was enough,

but doesn't seem right to me, looks like the old 'get them in, then raise the prices' lark. Get some advice before you pay anything.

From another forum, I read a good response from one of the owners of Faraway Weddings, a firm that does weddings on Koh Samui, but he offered if anyone had problems or queries about weddings in Thailand, to contact him, so might not hurt for you to try.

Can check out their site - www.weddingsinthailand.com - his name was Dennis - probably not his real name.

I have no connection with them, or weddings, but if you want to follow the post thread , go to the Koh Samui forum, you'll find it.

Good luck

Mark

Mentioned in this post
New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: prices

tell them where to shove it

Perth
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: prices

Hi,

I don't know your whole situation however I would have the wedding home and have the honeymoon in Thailand. It seems the easiest and safest thing to do.

Good luck

Niko

Mentioned in this post
rockingham west...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: prices

my niece was to get married there but was told its not leagaly binding anyway so you have to get married in oz anyway

cheers beej

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: prices

My niece was also going to get married there but was told it was not legal. She is now going to Fiji instead.

australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: prices

Thailand weddings are legal, however i think you will find that you have to spend 3 days in BAngkok for the legalities to be sorted/translated etc...

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: prices

Thailand weddings are legal, however i think you will find that you have to spend 3 days in BAngkok for the legalities to be sorted/translated etc...

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: prices

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: prices

Thanks aussiegirl. I will tell my niece and she can look into it. She really wants to get married in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: prices

Could be that the 49,000 did not include taxes