We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency converter ready recconer

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Currency converter ready recconer

Hi this sight is absolutely fantastic lots of imformation on so many topics cant wait until we get to Phuket next Thursday and the friday night BBQ

I was wondering if anyone knew of a handy little ready recconer currency converter that is available I usually make up my own for the kids when we are in Bali it is so handy for them

Your help would be much appricated

Thanks

Cathy4564 :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

im sure u can buy proper pocket converters but i would suggest -

a) buy your children a cheap pocket calculator and teach them the rule of dividing the thai price by 27 (or what ever the conversion is at the time) to get the australian price.

e.g. 400 (baht) / 27 = just under $15AU

b) do what you have done in the past (and so have i with the euro) and write out the most common thai denominations and their australian value.

australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

Hi Cathy4564

I used this one here. I found it very helpfull. You can print out both ways, i.e Baht to Thai and Thai to Baht. I have used this before and it was so helpful, very handy for the kids also.

Hope you find useful

http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

We used the same one as Kaney, print a new one just before you go. Our rate in April was 1000b/$38.00, so we just rounded it off to $40.00 to do quick exchange calculation when we were out shopping or eating.

Lee

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

Hi Cathy

Welcome to the forum - I see it is your first post.

It's a great help with information and lots of fun too.

Hope to see you at the bbq on the 29th.

Jane and Elizabeth

Aussie
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

I just went to the oanda currency converter cheat card site.. I can't believe on previous trips I made my own cards... Where have you guys been all my life??

australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

I know it is a great little convertor isn't it. So much easier than doing your own and you can do it just before you leave to go. I have made so many for friends going to Phuket.

7. Re: Currency converter ready recconer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:15