We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Phuket today!

england
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Back from Phuket today!

wow - what a holiday!! A trip i will definately not forget and thanks to everyone here for their helpful tips and advice.

We spent 3 nights in Bangkok at the Belaire Princess and then 9 nights in Club Andaman in Patong. Both hotels I can highly recommend!!

Thanks to Sam for a wonderful trip around Phuket and for taking us to see the gibbons and the elephant ride. We even got to meet Sam's family family which was a real honour! When we visited the gypsy village we were told that only 30 minutes prior to our arrival a cyclone had come in off the coast and hit 3 off the houses bringing them to the ground. Sadly, a two month old child was killed. This was a very sobering experience but Sam too us into the village to chat to the people to find out what had happened. He was an excellent guide and really made the whole trip unforgettable.

only had one nightmare on the whole trip....and it happened yesterday morning, We were sat by the pool casually reapplying sun cream and sipping our drinks trying to decide where we were going to visit for our last evening meal......we then bought some food at the hotel bar which was delivered to us at the pool. After an hour or so, one of the hotel staff came up to me and asked why we had not yet checked out as he realised we had recently ordered food?? I replied and told him that we were not due to check out until wednesday morning....he said no...to check our tickets as our transfer taxi had arrived 4 hours earlier but had left as we obvioulsy hadnt been there..

to my horror it dawned on me as i was sat on the sun lounger that i had miscounted my days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we packed our bags so quickly i never thought it was humanly possible....thankfully everything fitted including the huge amount of suits we had bought from the tailor based in the hotel! we then jumped in a taxi and it dawned on me that we would definately miss our flight. The flight was due to leave at 3.10pm and it was already 2.45pm. I just wanted to cry!!! Thankfully my husband Justin was a lot more controlled than I !! We thought about getting a cab to Bangkok to meet our next flight but thought better of it and went to Phuket airport..

At the airport we had to buy another set of tickets to Bangkok :( thankfully this only cost 2000 baht each which was not too bad considering... the next flight was at 4.15 and it was a race against the clock to meet our connecting flight at Bangkok to Doha and then Doha to Gatwick. I just sat and prayed!!! It must have worked as we managed to get to Bangkok just with enough time to get our connecting flight and we landed home this morning - PHEW!!!!

Although I have aged about 40 years as a result of this episode, I still enjoyed every minute of our 2 week holiday :) xx

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
844 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Phuket today!

That is so funny - you sound as dippy as me. I cant believe you actually got the days wrong!!! - must have enjoyed yourselves too much to make you lose track.

england
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Phuket today!

i know - when the guy from the hotel came over to me - the minute the penny dropped i felt sick....i literally sprinted back from the pool to the hotel. My hubby said i went green lol x

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Phuket today!

Know just how you felt. We got ready and checked out last year and as we left the room double checked our tickets only to see to our horror we should have flown the day before!!!!!.

Cost us a few quid but not too bad to change our booking and we could not fly for two more days....after the initial shock and that sick feeling we thought 'bonus' so booked back into the hotel (the staff thought it was hilarious) and went to Coral Island the next day for an extra trip.

We put it down to how relaxing it is in Thailand, too busy chillin to bother about checking things (mind you we did this year but what an effort to get the tickets out of the envelope).

Kent, England
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Phuket today!

Fab read !!

We are off to Singapore and then Phuket at the end of the month, hopefully I will be able to relax and not keep checking my tickets every day...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Phuket today!

That's hilarious, but scary at the same time. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Lee

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Phuket today!

What a hoot !!!!!!

I could just picture you both....sprinting through the hotel.....dripping wet.....leaving puddles in your wake.........and then getting on a plane smelling beautiful....not of perfume but of sunscreen.

Well this is certainly one holiday you will never forget....even if it is for the wrong reason...

So glad you did enjoy your break and we are really looking forward to ours in 5 weeks and 5 days, also staying Club Andaman.

NOW......Im just gonna go check our tickets and itinerary.

LOL

Bev

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Phuket today!

Hi halina, that would of been a nightmare, very funny now, at least you can look back and laugh about it.

That was sad news about the baby...just glad more were not injured/killed.

Rene

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Phuket today!

Well yes it is easy to lose track of the days while on holiday !

I keep to dates rather than days, as they say, If its Tuesday it must be Belgium !!!!

western aust
Level Contributor
610 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Phuket today!

hi Halina, you must of been so relaxed,you werent ready for home yet. I am going to check my mobile phone and see if I can set the date in there and get a reminder for the night before.glad to hear you had a great time.we fly tonight.jenny

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Phuket today!

That was a great read, how easy is that to do!

We had so many flights and destinations i thought i was going to stuff something up,

Chez

xx