We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Topic
The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

We have been to the last 5 bbq's and thank god theres only 3 left as I dont think my liver can handle it.

Every bbq has been totally different and loads of fun, we have met so many wonderful people like Max&Angela, Ryan&Simone, Jane&Elizabeth, Fabash, JustNat and many many more.

Last night was a ripper, I hardly ate anything at the barbie due to so many people coming up and talking to us and boy did the drinks flow at the Sunshine Bar.

So many people climbed the pole we couldnt take the photos quick enough. Some of you were so good Im sure you have poles at home!!!

So have been in recovery today (again) Of course we dragged Fabash and Ryan&Simone off to Speedys bar afterwards. Hope they woke up ok for the sea canoes!!!

We have taken loads of photos of these nights, so if you were there and want to see yourself acting a bit strange, take a look. Theres 4 different folders

Cathy

http://picasaweb.google.com/CathyandGary

http://picasaweb.google.com/CathyandGary

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Fabulous pics Cathy!!

Me thinks you might need to find one of those liver detoxy places before you head home!! lol

Your pictures are so clear, what sort of camera are you using?

Lorree

US VIRGING ISLANDS
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Hi Cathy,

I have to agree with Lorree and yes your pics are wonderful which brings me to a question. I have an ok camera but would like a much nicer one. Do you happen to know if camera are cheaper over there say a 10 to 12 pixel with a zoom? Nonetheless, keep doing what you do. I feel like I am on vacation with you the only r&r of my days 1 month to go and I am outta here! Seems to far away, I was asking the sleepy one if we could extend a couple of days there of course I still have not gotten a reply ha ha.

xxxx

Candice

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Lorree, Im just using a little Nikon Coolpix, I like it because its so tiny. We had a day in today, just a small walk this morning to buy a toasted sandwich, most of the day I have spent laying on the lounge drinking choccy milk and eating maltesers haha. We pick up Richards car again tomorrow for 2 weeks so might take off again somewhere for a few days (with absolutely no drinking!!)

Candice, the few cameras (and things like laptops, ipods) etc that we have seen were no cheaper than home. Tell sleeping beauty your going to extend to give him more time to rest & relax!! Wish we were here while you are, would have been fun hey.

Cathy xxx

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Cathy your photos are so funny, what a mob of drunks, but tell me where is Fri Night BBQ no 3? I still think the best photos of you are from night 1when you and Angie stumbled all the way home. Every time I look at the photo of you two sprawled on the garden bed I crack up, would love to spend a BBQ night over there with you guys, not sure if I'd want to see the photos next day though.

Well, you're on the home run now with the BBQ's, so I think you'll survive "just". Maybe I should go and find a job in liver dialysis rather than renal dialysis, get you ready for next year.

Drink lots of water between BBQ's or else!

Luv Nasty Nurse xx

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Nasty Nurse

We went to BBQ 3 but didnt take any photos, we also never had a drink at all (due to drinking way to much the night before and still suffering) I love the one of us in the garden bed as well, cracks me up, bout time I acted my age haha.

I forgot to say that at last nights BBQ Gary was injured. Young Simone had Gary helping her climb the pole and instead of stepping on his hands going up the pole, she stepped on his face and head & cut the inside of his lip. They were the best young couple, only 18 and 20, we had such fun with them. So we could have used Nasty Nurse, it was hilarous.

Cathy xxx

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Hi Cathy,

I thought that may have been the case, as I recall a "quiet night" somewhere in amongst all the stories. Poor Gary, bet the poor girl was mortified, I wouldn't have made it up the pole without some help that's for sure. Hope he got some sympathy from you. I suppose he is on a liquid diet now. Must say Angie was game climbing up that pole in a dress, glad to see you had appropriate attire on. Did you get your "skorts" in Phuket, I couldn't find any no matter how much I tried. Will have trouble reading some of the JBR's due out with a straight face when they mention the Fri Night BBQ's, ours was so tame compared to those photos, and I still had a slight thick head the next day.

Lee

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

Hi Cathy and Gary

We loved the photos of the 28th and the others too of course but especially the one of you sitting on the back of the ute!

What a wonderful evening meeting you and Angie, Megumi and the others. It was incredibly special and now I think I'll have a little cry as it is all overs c' dovers.

We tried to find the Sailor Bar to meet up with Max AKA Cricket Tragic and the rest of the mob but we got the bar mixed up with the Outback or somewhere else. Never mind we had a great night with you all.

I'll write a JBR later but let me just say Phuket was a terrific holiday - amongst other things we had a lovely day sailing with Mark of Phuket Sail and enjoyed the elephants (an unplanned trip) which Richard explained so intelligently.

Thank you, thank you Cathy and enjoy every moment of your time there.

Love

Jane and Elizabeth

8. Re: The last 5 Friday Night BBQ'S

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:20