We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Phuket Resort

wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Marina Phuket Resort

Hia this my hubby and me first time to Thailand going on the 2nd Aug staing at the Marina Phuket Resort any comment about this hotel ? Hows the weather there at this time?Very excited and nervous at the same time if u know what i mean.

Thanks Ceri

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

Hi Ceri,

Can't comment on the weather as have only been March/April time, but the Marina hotel is superb, and pretty well located.

What kind of room have you booked? We stayed in a Jungle room and thought it was outstanding. Sunsets4us (Lee & Trevor) were also there at the same time and they stayed in a Sea View room and were well impressed with that as well.

The staff don't speak a great deal of English so be patient with them and smile and you'll get on just fine.

I have attached a link to some of the pics we took this year.

…google.co.uk/jambomccotter/MARINAPHUKET

-James.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

Hi Ceri

James has covered it well, just realised I still haven't done a hotel review for Marina Phuket, we loved the surroundings and the staff were very friendly & helpful. My hubby had to see a Dr on our last day there, they rang the Dr and made an appt (although I think it was first in best dressed), but they drove us to the surgery and picked us up when finished. We booked direct with the resort and this included airport transfer and a dinner at one of the restaurants. There was a wedding on our last day and the gardens and pathways looked lovely. Here's a link to some more photos. I can't comment on the weather as have only been there in April this year and Oct 1990.

…google.com/leebee88/MarinaPhuketResort

Lee

wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

Thank for the photos there fab!! Booked a jungle view room

thaught of updating but by the looks of the room dont need to.

Thanks Ceri

Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

Hi we have just returned and being the wet season it is of course wet. However it doesn't rain all day and it's not cold. Infact we had several days of really fine weather. Don't worry about the weather just enjoy yourselves!

The Marina is just beautiful. We had a jungle room and it was wonderful. Walking along the boardwalks through the rainforest is just great. It's remarkable to think that the busy street is only a few minutes away. The jungle rooms also have a mini mac and plasma which can be handy when it rains.

You walk down to the beach which wasn't as rough as some other beaches. But you still need to be mindful when swimming as conditions can get rough and sometimes there is a rip. I'd definitely stay there again.

Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

Hi all,

The website says you can snorkel right in front of the resort, but is that possible in the monsoon season?

I am going in late august, but I cant get an ocean view room, fully booked. I am deciding whether to go with a jungle view room or to stay at Karon beach resort, which is just beside and every room has a seaview. What do you guys think?

melbourne
Level Contributor
136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

hi, we have just returned from the marina phuket, and I can honestly say that this would have to be the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff are perfect, our room was always immaculate when we returned and the gardens were just beautiful. Enjoy your stay, you wont be disappointed.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

Hi Ceri,

Same Same but not different!!!

The Marina Hotel is beautiful, we were there in May in a Jungle

Room and just loved it.

We have stayed at a lot of hotels in Thailand and the Holiday Inn

and the Marina are our favorites.

You won't be sorry.

I was in Phuket in Sept last year and the weather was great.

Have a great time,

Lindy.

8. Re: Marina Phuket Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 15:16