We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Ireland
Level Contributor
734 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Hi Guys,

Last night I felt I needed to get out. It was a strange day…

Poor me.

I had such a craving to play guitar;

only another musician would understand.

Two Black Sheep catered for all my needs.

Oh, you Australians are such beautiful people! And ye can match the Irish, drink for drink!

I had the pleasure of listening to John on guitar last night.

A lovely man and a very competent player, it was just what I needed.

And John, I’ll take that accoustic version of Bill Withers Ain’t No Sunshine home with me.

Thanks for that!

I was in the company of Steve, another great guy, and a good player. What a great guy, we had a drink pr three, and some great laughs!

Where else would you see two guys arguing over the chords of Fire and Rain…….ha ha!

Tonight I’ll prove myself right, Steve….it IS a suspended fourth….

Of course, I took the guitar and managed to entertain….just! My version of Freebird should have been recorded……

Yeah, right….!!!

Two Black Sheep is my new local.

It’s 7.15 am here.

I’m having a full Irish breakfast in my hotel

Heineken.

Tonight, I’ll play Wish You Were Here…………

Regards,

Joe

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Hi Joe, I wish I were there!!!! It'd be great listening, have fun and enjoy. Thanks for the posts.

Rene

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Hi Joe

Fantastic reports. I wish I was there as well. Ahhhh memories of those nice cold Heinekens.....any time of the day.

Know what you mean about Two Black Sheep as it has become our local over the last couple of years as well. My husband has been known to get up on stage (nearly most nights of the holiday) and belt out a tune or two. No one will ever forget his renditions of "Light my Fire", "People are strange" and "With or Without You"

Last year he would walk in and the band would start the first few chords of the songs to get him up on stage. As the family has seen this many times we let him have his 15 minutes of fame and he walked out thinking he was a superstar, declining photo opportunities and autographs.

All good fun and a great place to hang out.

Hope you get the same feeling after your rendition tonight !!

Cheers

Karen

Karen

Ireland
Level Contributor
734 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Beautiful, Karen, just beautiful!

Regards to your husband!

Actually, I did With or Without You at a wedding a few years back...

Oh my God, you could well be responsible for something different tonight..........

My regards,

Joe x

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Fanatstic Joe, looking forward to hearing how tonight goes. We might be seeing you on entertainment tonight soon, your a star.

(By the way Joe do you do Elvis!! - only joking arent I Karen)

Karen your husband should have joined in with us last year haha

Cathy xxx

Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Hey Joe (pardon the pun!)

Where is 2 black sheep? We are heading over at the end of September for the first time & my partner is also a guitarist so I'm sure he would be interested. By the way, I love your reports on your travels. They are by far the most interesting I have read on here & make me even more excited about our trip. You have given us all a great insight into Phuket & I especially liked your report on your sailing day with Captain Mark - another thing I can't wait for. By the way, you have mentioned your Fuji camera a few times. Is this a digital camera & if so can you give us more detail on the specs as we are thinking about getting a new one & as you are a photographer, if it's good enough for you then it will definately be good enough for us. Look forward to reading more of your travel tales.

Cheers

Cheryl

Ireland
Level Contributor
734 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Cathy, sheers...love you to bits, even though we never met...yet. I feel so close to you and Gary..

You are both very special people...

Cheryl, Two Black Sheep, its on the road at the top of Bang La, turn right, about 100 m that way

Fuji is F30 model. and the best kept secret in the world of photography.

In my opinion, the finest digtital camera in the world.

For the last two weeks here, it is my best friend...

Ignore any megapixel specifications, they don't matter; and that's the first thing I teach folks on my courses in Ireland.

Megapixel specs are manufacturer driven marketing tools.

Love to all of you, you are all very special people....

Joe xxxx

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Hey Joe

Have a blast tonight, just watch out for the groupies as you leave I have it on good authority that they can be pretty wild!! And for heavens sake don't by a Two Black T-Shirt like he did, cause then you may need bodygaurds everywhere you go.

Oh and Cathy, yeah maybe the hubby should have joined you last year, but then again I don't think that even he would have been able to out sing you and your sister!!! (plus he doesn't know every single word or every single oohh and aahhh).

Take care one and all

Karen

xx

Ireland
Level Contributor
734 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Honesty is my new name....

So I have to be honest about yesterday....

Last night never happened....

I had a few Jack Daniels after my Heineken breakfast.

That was not one of my better ideas..

I fell asleep.

For 14 hours!

The lyrics of a song are coming back to me...

"I was stoned and I missed it"...??? Who sang that.

answers on a postcard please...

Ah well, mai pen rai

Tonight, I am detoxing,

for a while anyway...!

Will keep you posted.

I really hope bad hangovers are not terminal...

Regards,

Me x

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

Ahhh Joe don't you know that Jack will always get you back??

Maybe you need a Doctor

10. Re: Two Black Sheep....wish you were here...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 06:21