We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tailoring/john gray

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
tailoring/john gray

hi,

hope you are all well. I am travelling to phuket next week and my boyfriend is interested in having a suit made to measure. does anyone know if this is a good idea...how much?how long to make? good quality etc?. we are staying in patong, is it best to go to phuket town? any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

also, upon reading the forum, i have noticed good reviews on the john gray sea canoes eve/night tour. however, upon looking on the website, i thought it was quite expensive. has anyone been on this tour? is it worth the money or is there a cheaper alternative?

many thanks+happy travels!

anne

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tailoring/john gray

Hi. Yes Hongs by Starlight is worth every baht/dollar/pound! We took our 3 kids so it was an expensive day for us but a memorable experience and not to be missed. it was definately the highlight of our holiday.

As for tailors they are everywhere. Last time we were in Phuket we didn't get anything made....this time we are! My brother in law got 3 suits made (each with 2 pairs of trousers) and 3 or 4 shirts and the whole lot came to about $300 aussie dollars. He is very happy with them (I haven't seen them). My workmate just got back and had quite alot of stuff made and I have personally seen the workmanship and I was very impressed. I am going to the tailor that they used. You will find plenty to choose from in Patong. I am sure others here will give you some recommendations.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tailoring/john gray

Thanks for getting back so quickly! Another question i'm afraid... can you book the john gray out there easily?

hope you have a great trip again!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tailoring/john gray

Anne, You can book the tour once you are there, we have been on the sea canoes three times now and the John Gary starlight one was the best of them all.

Heres a link to our photos and some info on the tour.

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/john_gray_sea_c…

Cathy

4. Re: tailoring/john gray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 18:17