We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AFL Grand Final

Melbourne
1 post
Save Topic
AFL Grand Final

My partner and I will be in phuket for the AFL grand final and are just wondering if there is anywhere that will be screeing it?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AFL Grand Final

Who do you follow.

Cheers,

Stewie.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AFL Grand Final

I've been doing a search on this as we will be there for the semi's the week before but we are looking for a place up Surin beach way.

There is a place in patong called the aussie bar which I assume will be playing the AFL grand final. There is a website www.aussiebarphuket.com so have a look.

If anyone knows of somewhere further north (Surin/Bang Tao) where we could watch the games the weekend before I'd appreciate the info.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AFL Grand Final

Hi There,

There are many places that will screen the Grand Final, the resort we stayed at last year Horizon Beach Patong screened it in there Guest sports bar.

Because there are so many Aussies that travel to Phuket many places will screen the event so don't worry about having to look for one just follow the crowds as its a big day their. Just remember the 3 hour time difference and daylight saving if that's in around that date.

Cheers,

Pete.

Brisbane , QLD
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AFL Grand Final

Go the Might of Port Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodend, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AFL Grand Final

Yeh, well I've booked an overnight stay on Phi Phi grand final day. (I didn't take notice of the date at the time of booking.)

My one eyed Geelong supporting husband is actually still talking to me. Boy oh boy how bad am I??????

I also know there will be plenty of places to watch it. I know for sure the Aussie bar hosts it as I watched my husband get very bleary and off his face last year during the game. Let's hope Phi Phi hosts it somewhere or I will be a VERY DEAD DUCK

Cheers Liz

P.S 'GO CATS"!!!!!!!!!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AFL Grand Final

Hi There are a few of us meeting at the Aussie Bar for the Grand Final but it seems quite a few so get there early.

Come on the Hawkers

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AFL Grand Final

anyone going to be there the weekend before grand final?

Albany. WA
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AFL Grand Final

We're arriving 21/9 and will also be heading to the Aussie Bar

The only problem I can see is that the engine room of the WestCoast Eagles will be well down on power, I can only hope that the 2nd tier players can step up. I would love to see Eagles meet the Power in the GF and for them ot get revenge.

See you all in Phuket

Cheers

Trevor

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: AFL Grand Final

We'll be there the week before Grand Final.

Where the Big Screen is , so will hubby.

We fly home Grand Final day , i can just see the sweat pouring off his face , hands rubbing together , pacing up and down the plane saying to himself please get me home on time.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AFL Grand Final

Hi rhicat, might bump into you at the Aussie bar then.

Jane