We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bang Tao Beach resorts

Sydney
Level Contributor
470 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi,

Can anyone advise on a good resort along Bang Tao beach that has a good reputation with a nice pool overlooking the beach close to all the beach restaurants. We thought a 3/4day stay in this area on our next trip to Phuket would be good.

Thankyou in advance.

Glenys

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi, the Laguna Phuket resort complex has five hotels ranging from the most reasonable (Allamanda) to the very expensive (Banyan Tree).There is a lot of info available on the Laguna Phuket website and on TA.

We regularly stay at the Dusit Laguna.It is by far closest to the beach (in fact ON the beach) with the longest beach frontage, lawns and a nice pool.

You can read my review ("lovetrav") which gives my (favourable) views.

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Laguna Resorts is a good place to start:

www.phuketgoldcoast.com/Laguna_Resorts.htm

But there are a lot of other options in the area as well:

phuketgoldcoast.com/BangTao_Resorts_Hotels.h…

Almost everything in the area has easy access to the beach - and there are restaurants up and down the beach - so you are never far from a good one.

There is a slide show of about 20+ of the beach restaurants and recommended dishes for many of them at:

phuketgoldcoast.com/BangTao_BeachShack_Resta…

I probably wouldn't recommend Phuket Pavilions or Layan Beach Resort - as Pavilions are not within walking distance of the beach and Layan Beach Resort is on the extreme far north end of the bay and it is not easy to access the rest of the beaches from there 1. without a longish walk and 2. without forging a tidal river between the resort and the main part of the bay.

Sydney
Level Contributor
470 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi,

Thankyou for your suggestions. I will have a closer look at the Dusit or Laguna Resorts.

I was wondering about the Amora as there was a good deal in our newspaper yesterday for 4nights including airfare. So your opinions please. Another was the Sunwing that I was curious about.

Glenys

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Amora is an old standard here - but a little tired. The prices though often make up for its limitation. Great stretch of beach and lots of restaurants in the area.

Sunwing is known as a "kids friendly" resort - take that as you wish but know that it is a market that they try very hard to attract with free prams, baby sitting, baby pools and lots of other things.

Sydney
Level Contributor
470 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Thankyou Ted,

It will be just my husband and I and even though I love kids and have my own (grown up) I think I will stay up in the Laguna area.

What about Best Western any opinions here?

I have looked at a few reviews on TA and the Amora/Best Western are not getting very good reviews but Im not sure if some people might be a bit too hard to please.

Glenys

Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi Glenys,

have you considered Bang Tao Bay resort. We stayed there back in March and it was just gorgeous. There are only about 12 - 14 cottages and they all look right out on to the water.

The place is very quiet and laid back and located down at the southern end of the bay.

Nicky

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi,

We stayed at The Best Western Bang Tao resort, and wern't all that impressed.

We ate a lot at the Andaman Bang Tao Resort , and though you really could not class it as a resort ( tiny, tiny pool, ) we loved the place and would like to stay there sometime.

I had a look at the rooms and they are really nice, and you can't beat

sitting watching the sun go down from your room so close to the beach!!

Definately not 5 stars but a beautiful , friendly , small hotel ,

with a great restaurant!!

Don't tell anyone though because they'll all want to stay there!!!!

Cheers Lindy.

Sydney
Level Contributor
470 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Thanks girls,

I will check these out.

Can you tell me what the beach area is like? We really like the idea of knowing there are lots of beach restaurants. Maybe a little like Samui.

Glenys

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi Again,

Not as busy as Chaweng Beach in Koh Samui , but I think as nice

with the beach cafe's etc , but when we were there , May , off season, a lot of restaurants were closed and the sea was not as calm and crystal clear as Chaweng, but way less crowded and much nicer in my opinion.

Lindy,

Sydney
Level Contributor
470 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bang Tao Beach resorts

Hi again Lindy,

We are only planning 4nights here then on to Khao Lak for 10nights then back to Patong. I was thinking of breaking it up a bit to see the north coast.

I have been looking at the resorts along this beach and Best Western and Amora look good in the pictures but I know pictures can be deceiving. But its only 4nights so as long as the pool is good the beach nice and the rooms clean and Im sure the Thai staff would all be lovely (as they are).

Nicky, can you tell me what you were not fussed about with the Best Western.

Glenys