We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Thanks for all the tips so far!! I have decided to spend my last 2-3 nights in Karon or Kata. (previous 3 nights will have been in Patong)

I am overwhelmed with the hotel choices, and am hoping someone can make a good recommendation.

I am a solo female traveler in my early 30s.

I’m looking for as nice a hotel as possible, with the following criteria:

- 5600 Baht or less a night (early November, so it will be high season rates)

- On the beach

- Nice Pool(s)

- Great service

- Spa (or at least massages)

- Walking distance to restaurants/bars in Karon or Kata

- Nice rooms.

Any recommendations on the best hotel choice that fits those criteria?

Thank you!

manchester england
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

check out the katathani on kata noi beach.

Its got its own private beach,and meets all your criteria,

We loved it, excellent massages on the beach or at the pool,with a cocktail.

see what the forum says about it in the hotels section.

It really is nice......

ENJOY YOUR TRIP.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Thanks.. I looked at that one.. some of the reviews are great, but others are just awful.. It does look nice though. I'm just hesitant b/c of some of the bad reviews.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts?

Thanks so much - this forum has been so helpful!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Woraburi Phuket Resort and Spa is absolutely fabulous. The room is big and spacious with excellent decor. The Resort is peaceful, quiet and the best place to stay.

london
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Try Pacific Club & Spa Resort in Karon...absolutely gorgeous. A little bit off the beaten track but certainly a hidden treasure.

bangkok
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Check out The Phulin Resort,located in the center of Karon area and only a short distance from sandy of Karon Beach,nice spa,nice service and they have out door pool.

Good Luck.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Cabogirl, The Kata Beach resort is also a good option. Located right on Kata Beach within seconds walk from some good restaurants and shopping. Also across the road from The Sense Massage.

Regards

Chantal

Swindon, UK
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Try Centara Beach resort, not the centra village resort as that is up a hill.

It is beautiful, the pictures do not do it justice.Opposite the Irish pub, 3 pools and decorted like a club in London, is lush.

Get a massage out of the hotel it is a lot cheaper, you will have millions to choose from.

Lisa

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Thought I'd provide an update - I chose Marina Phuket Resort and LOVED the hotel.. gorgeous, lush grounds, clean rooms with lots of amenities, set in what seems like a jungle setting! Great pool, on the beach, and right between Kata/Karon so I saw both. Can't say enough. I will post a formal review w/pictures in the hotel section.

Phuket in general was much more touristy than I thought it would be, but this hotel was fantastic.

boston ma
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are still looking but I have also stayed at the Katathani hotel. I LOVED it! I was staying at Mom Tris hotel down the street and ended up checking out. That hotel was more than double the price of the katathani and half as nice. the katathani has two sections. i stayed in the cheaper of the two and loved it. There are several pools, bars, places to eat, etc. The beach is gorgeous and there are two. There are so many local stores and places to eat right down the street (or outside your door depending on what side you stay on) that are wonderful. You can get a thai massage right there every day. The rooms were very nice too. I can't imagine why anyone would say a bad thing about it???? Please go there and enjoy!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata or Karon Hotel Recommendation?

Hey Tondravi, I think Cabogirl has been and come back. Good to read peoples views on hotels though. Micht check that one out for our next trip.