We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Hi Guys,

Can anyone reccomend which ATV tour is best?

The options i know of are: Phuket 1 or 2 hour ATV tour and Phang Nga 3 hour ATV or white water rafting + 3 hour ATV?

How much are these?

Thanks.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Hi Dazza,

Having done both tours I would say the 3hour one is definately the best one to do.

The 2hr one is great , lots of fun and on Phuket Island.

The 3hr one is in Phang Nga province so its a good drive there (but nice scenery etc on the way)

The bikes are a lot bigger, 2 and 4 wheel drive etc, you see a lot more on this tour like local villages, riding down creeks, going to waterfall for swim etc, ride up the mountain etc.

You dont do any of this on the 2hr one. We enjoyed the 3hr one so much and didnt want it to end, we will definately be doing it again next year.

Cant help with the white water rafting as we didnt do this. All the prices are on their webpage. We booked our tour with Phuket Richard who has also done both tours and also loved the 3hr one.

Cathy

http://atvphuket.com/tour_home.html

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Cathy

'on the 3 hr ride do you get to ride on the beaches? We are trying to decide if to do the ATV in Phuket or Chang Mai?

thanks

Chelle

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

No Chelle, No beaches where they go for the 3hr one, its all jungle, villages, creeks etc

Cathy

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Hi Cathy,

I am really keen to do the 3 hour tour but my girlfriend has never driven a ATV before....do you think it will be ok for her? On Richards site it advised to do the 2 hour tour if you had no experience?

Daz.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Dazza, my then 13.5 year old daughter handled the ATV by herself very well, she is quite small for her age so I wondered how she would go but she had no troubles at all (even when she managed to get it onto two wheels , (on the one side! )she got control and righted it)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Hi Jane,

The 2 hour tour use 150cc bikes though.

The 3 hour tour use 300cc bikes, and the terrain is more difficult from what I have seen/read.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

wow this looks awesome i didnt even know about this!

my boyfriend would love to do this but i guess i will be doing it too.

how long do you recommend? i think 3 hours would be too much so it would be either 1hr or 2. which would you recommend?

cheers,

jade

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

No matter which tour you do they are great fun - BUT - after doing the 3hr one (and it was not long enough!!) thats the only one we would do again.

The scenery etc is spectacular. Theres nothing like being out in the middle of nowhere, riding down creeks and coming to a beautiful waterfall, then on roads through little villages, then up a track thru the jungle. The views from the top of the mountain are fantastic.

I know Richard has recommended if you have never done atv's before to do the 2hr one, that was probably because he has done both tours with us and seen what a wimp I am!!

I was very nervous - again - about doing this tour on bigger bikes, but eventually you do relax and stop hanging on for dear life.

I think I handled the bigger bike ok (once I figured out gears etc) and I only chickened out in one part and had help from our guide.

The guides are fantastic and if theres any sections you think are to hard etc, they will help you get up etc.

I am not a spring chicken (actually someone called me an antique last night!!) but if I can do it, then anyone can and I dont even like bikes but enjoyed this tour.

So the choice is yours, you will still enjoy the 2hr one (as you wont know what the 3hr one is like haha) But I wouldnt bother just doing a one hr one.

Cathy

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Jade, Here is our info on the 2hr tour and 3hr one, theres loads of photos as well.

Cathy

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/atv_tours.htm

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/atv_-_phang_nga…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATV's - Phang Nga or Phuket

Hi Cathy,

i've looked at your website before but didn't look at the ATV'S.

WOW looks like lots of fun. We'll do the 2 hour one.

thanks for the info as always Cathy :-)

cheers,

jade