We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not so good

australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
not so good

well as you all know it was doomed from the start...(poor Jake with viral meningitis)....anyway flew jetstar..NEVER AGAIN..late on the way over, suppose to be in Phuket by 8pm and didnt get there until 10.30 pm which meant we didnt arrive to resort til 12 midnight. On the way home Jet* did it again 4 hrs late leaving ,then when we landed we had to wait another hour for bags as there wasnt enough staff to unload plane. As far as accommodation was concerned cant say enough about Seaview Patong....the staff there treated us like kings and queens. nothing was ever a bother. didnt do much shopping but still managed to come home with the allowed 80kg allowed for the 4 of us..... and the weather what can i say (dissmal)...we all got sick for 2 days at a time each even after all the precautions we took before going. Anyway hope everyone else had a good time. I know this is not much of a JBR but its pretty much the result of a horrible trip.

shopping

billabong, ripcurl shirts etc 100bht

secret room bags 1400bht

boardies 200bht

and some smaller things that people have already coverd in there JBRs.....

anyway maybe next time will be better and dont forget if your looking for a fantastic resort Seaview Patong is great and only a 5min walk to the middle of everything...

kylie,steve,jake and harry

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not so good

Hi Kylie, shame about the weather wasn't it. Because of it we had to buy an extra suitcase over there to bring all our shopping home. To wet to lie around a pool so we shopped and shopped....

Did you make it to the BBQ on the 26th, alot of people were sick but we met Mabbs and the beautiful TIFF, it was a very good night, lots of fun and laughs.

We had a different experience with Jetstar, ( Sydney-Phuket), they were excellent and I hate flying but if we returned I would go Jetstar again. The Pilots were so nice, I bailed them up at Phuket airport as the weather was very nasty, rain and lightening, but they put my fears to rest and promised they would get me home safely. The crew were excellent, really looked after us, nothing was too much trouble. Out of the 6 flights we had over 3 weeks Jetstar comes out on top for sure.

Next time the weather might be nice to us : )

Rene

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not so good

Hi Kylie,

Sorry to hear you had a terrible trip, we hope Jake is on the mend now it must have been an awful flight over for him. Did you all get Phuket Belly how awful? Nice to hear the Hotel was good.

As they say there is always next time.

Cheers, Pete & Jane

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
661 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not so good

Hi Kylie

You poor thing. All that stress with Jake before you left and then you all go and get sick while your there. How awful for you guys. I hope everyone is fitting fit again.

So does that mean you missed out on going to the BBQ? I remember how excited you were about going.

It's a shame about Jetstar. They seem to be a case of hit or miss.

Rene, Rene, Rene.....where is your jbr???? Come on girl, don't worry about unpacking, get typing. I want to hear all about you chatting up the pilots.... what a crack up.....

Cheers

Jubby

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not so good

kylie

what happened to you going to bali ?????

cheers

batt

australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: not so good

hey pete, couldnt have got much worse, but that is a story in itself.

Batt...when the last lot of warnings came out kids got a little scared (as you do about going to bali ) so back to phuket we went......maybe after the trip we had we should have just stuck with bali....

kylie

australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: not so good

forgot to say hubby is still sick...and so is harry

kylie

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not so good

ahhhh ok

what a shame the trip was so bad , after so much research ...i know how you feel , i had the same thing happen in bali once when we went .....thats why i will never go on nyepi day again ....lol

being sick really puts a downer on the whole trip.....

perhaps bali can be next time .

cheers

batt

australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: not so good

batt can you send me an email....have to discuss something

thnaks

kylie

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: not so good

ok done

cheers

batt

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: not so good

Ohh Kylie,

I know how much you had planned and looked forward to the trip and everything that went on before hand. I was hoping for you all that you would have a great time.

Hope you are all well soon.

Wendy

x