We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does the rain stop?

Somerville, MA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When does the rain stop?

Heading over to JW Marriott in a week for our honeymoon, though it looks like the rain hasn't been tapering off much.....I'm a newbie to the forum, so I apologize if this is well-covered territory. Anyone's experiences with mid-November Phuket weather?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When does the rain stop?

I just got back - was there Oct 30 - Nov 3. It rained the first day, but cleared up enough to go to the beach in the afternoon. The other days had periods of rain but also of sun. Gorgeous sun on the PHi Phi boat tour (although very crowded/touristy tour), didn't rain til we got back to Phuket.

Bring an umbrella and be flexible with hopping on/off the beach and you should be fine.

adelaide
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When does the rain stop?

HI Kmitchel2, congrats on your upcoming wedding! I am getting married next saturday and heading to phuket for my honeymoon too...i'm sure the weather can be worked around! will still have a fantastic time i'm sure

Tanya

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When does the rain stop?

The weather is in that transition stage from the rainy to the hot and dry season. If you live here for a while you can actually sense the change. Not to worry, things are getting dryer!

No rain yesterday and probably none today. But . . . rain/weather on the island can be quite patchy - dry one place, rain in another.

The general trend right now is towards the day and hot season though.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When does the rain stop?

The weather has been ok the last few days. Nothing special, but sunny/cloudy in the mornings and maybe a shower in the afternoons. At the moment it is nice and sunny, does not look like rain today.

All the weather forecasts all completely unreliable, simply ignore them.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When does the rain stop?

"At the moment it is nice and sunny, does not look like rain today."

It just started to rain here ...

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When does the rain stop?

From what I have learn in speaking with local whilst over in Phuket, the good / dry weather starts mid Dec through till March. But as we all know the weather can be very unpredictable, especially in the tropical climate. Its a bit hit and miss, as some people have gone in Oct and had less rain than Nov, and vice verser.

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When does the rain stop?

I live up near Bang Tao Beach - and . . . it did rain today - for about 5 minutes.

Tropical weather, almost by definition, is unpredictable.

I've lived here six years - going on seven and mid-December would be a far outside date. Generally things clear up about - now!

But the more we predict the more we are wrong, so I will butt out of the weather prognostication business.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When does the rain stop?

Agree with you there Ted, and also March is a bit early, normally it does not get wet till May, and even then nothing too heavy.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When does the rain stop?

Hello

Looked on acu weather and today it shows that the weather is getting better for phuket shows a lot of dryer sunnier days then the rain and thunderstorms.

Julie

Somerville, MA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When does the rain stop?

Thank you everyone! I've learned not to trust weather predictions....so long as there's SOME sun, that's all I can ask. Hopefully the water isn't too rough to snorkle.

Thanks again! Can't wait for the trip!