We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

DMB
Southern CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

What is the baggage allowance on Air Asia? domestic (BKK - Phuket)? I read it is much less than my international flight will allow.

I cannot find it on Air Asia website.

THANKS.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

You get 15 kg free of charge. More than that and you pay. No single item may weigh more than 32 kg.

DMB
Southern CA
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

15 kg. TOTAL luggage?

or 15 kg per bag, 2 bags?

if I have more, what are the over-weight fees?

THANKS.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

I believe it is 15kg total for one check in bag, and 7kg for carry on.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

www.airasia.com/site/sg/en/faqSearch.jsp…

is worth a read.

www.airasia.com/site/my/en/page.jsp… for the fee schedule. 80 baht per kg over.

One passenger can check 15 kg free of charge and carry on 7 kg free of charge. Our carry on bags were not weighed but the checked bags were.

Aussie
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

We have just returned from Phuket.

flew Air Asia Bkk to Phuket. Yep there is a 15kg weight limit and 7kg for carry on. Carry on not weighed though and I think on return the 3 of us had about 10-15kg cramped in our carry on.. We still managed to be about 4kg overweight and we were charged. About $10 in charges. so not too bad. We kept 18kg bag of winter clothes at Bangkok airport for the 2 weeks we were in phuket. we payed 100B a day or about $3.30 not bad and better than excess luggage fees. Hope this helps

Teresa

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
33 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

Can you tell me where you stored your bag at the Bangkok airport? I have been trying to figure out what to do with my winter coat, etc. I will have to take a shuttle from Delawre to JFK so can't leave it in the car.

Thanks

MLFB

7. Re: Baggage allowance on Air Asia ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:19