We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay and what to see in Thailand

vancouver, wa
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay and what to see in Thailand

My husband and I will be visiting thailand in late July 2008 for 10 days. We are taking an 8 week tour of the pacific and will be flying from bali into bangkok. We have never been before and are looking for places to see and stay for our trip. We would like to visit an island for a few days. We are both outdoor type people in our early 30's who want to see the culture and try new things. We are traveling on a budget so cheap is great. Please give us suggestions! Thannks.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

If you stay on Phuket , try Andaman Bang-Tao Bay Resort.

It is beautiful and cheap with only a few bungalows

facing the sea , and has a great restaurant too.

Very nice and very cheap, especialy in July!!

Happy Planning.

Lindy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

july is low season so most of the hotels will cut there prices. shop around on the internet, you should find prices slashed by up to 2/3rds. i stayed at a budget hotel in karon beach called karon sky house in high season for 900bt (about30$) in low season its 600bt($20) its about 5min from the beach. it clean,power shower,a/c and cable tv.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

Hello Icvan.

Here are some websites that my help you find accommodation. I agree that Bang Tao is a very nice area.

www.PhuketDelight.com

www.PhuketNorth.com is about the areas north of Bang Tao all the way up to Thai Muang.

www.KhaoLakLovers.com

www.PhuketGoldCoast.com is specifically focused on Kamala, Surin and Bang Tao beach areas.

Good luck,

Mark.

vancouver, wa
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

we were also thinking that we may stay on Ko Lanta or Ko Samui. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which island (Lanta, Sumui, or Phuket) would be best. Thanks.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

Hi jcvan, what kind of cultural experiences are you looking for?

vancouver, wa
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

We just wanted to relax and experience the beauty of the thai islands. We were planning on snorkleing and maybe doing a cooking class and elephant trek. We plan to keep it low key.

adelaide
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

Deevana is a great cheap hotel in patong, phuket. the deluxe rooms are fab for the price, however the standard rooms are more like dorms. id definately recommend the deluxe rooms as they are still cheap but still feel like your on holiday!

i have been to bali 4 times and i am going to thailand for the third time in 3 weeks, so phuket is definately great and if you like bali you will love phuket.

make sure you have an international licence to hire a jeep or bike and travel around the island. Patong is great for the atmosphere and hustle and bustle but its also nice to venture to all the different beaches!! kata is beautiful and laem sing is a hidden little gem!!!

any questions just ask!

sasha x

8. Re: where to stay and what to see in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 10:23