We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked with Agoda before?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booked with Agoda before?

Has anyone made a hotel booking with www.agoda.com before? Is it safe? Thanks! :)

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

Perfectly safe with this reputable online booker.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

We used Agoda last year and had no problems, make sure you double check the final pricing as the taxes aren't added on till the end and it reverts back to US dollars even if you have converted the room price to Aus. I did some comparisons this am for accommodation and the price was at least $10.00 dearer by the time I got to the final part of booking.

Lee

UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

We have used them over the last four years right across Thailand and also for a few Cambodia hotels.

Have never had a problem with them and would certainly recommend them. Always found them one of the cheapest so would be interested to know if there are cheaper sites out there.

STEVE & KELLY UK

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

I have not used them so can't comment, but

always though shop around for the best price plus look for those with large choices and those that don't require full payment months in advance. If staying between May and October look for extra free night deals and special offers which a great number of hotels offer.

Perth
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

Hi Courtenay

I Have also used Agoda Before for USA Hotel Bookings... After this, We will never use them again...

We made a booking online at their Website... and the hotel we booked was an "Instant Booking" one not a request one..

On Arrival to USA we checked emails and Agoda had sent us an email to say that the hotel was now not avaiable and that i could book other hotels from a list which they had sent me... Which we twice the price of booking

We contacted the hotel that we had booked with Agoda and they had heaps of rooms... We spoke to the Manager and there had been no request from them for the room

So we rang Agoda to get refund and what a mess... This is where the problems really started.. We had paid over $3000 for new york Hotel.. and had to ring call centre in Vietnam and Thailand with Very bad English Skills, was told refund would go in straight away back to my credit Card

On Arrial back to Aus - Six weeks later still no refund... After 5 Phone Calls and 12 Weeks we finally had our refund

I travel to phuket twice a year and there is now an Australian Travel Wholesaler that only used to sell to Travel agents that is now selling direct to the public... I have found that there prices are had to beat....

It is Travel Wholesaler Ixplore

The website is www.ixplore.com.au

Hope this helps.

Boogs

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2008, 07:41
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

Always shop around, I stick with the ones I have used for years and never any problems. Do compare as some do not include tax and service, others add surcharges. I have never found cheaper than the one's I use.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

Hi,

We have used Agoda a lot with no problems.

I am sorry to hear about Boog's problem, because when we had some trouble in Ko Lanta this year, we spoke to them online and the operator then rang us at the hotel, we moved to another hotel and our refund from Agoda was back on my credit card within the week.

I have found them to be one of the cheapest too.

Lindy.

Mentioned in this post
Ko Lanta
Ko Lanta
Krabi Province, Thailand
Netherlands
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

Sorry to say that we did experience problems with Agoda.com.

We booked a hotel with a promotion "stay three and pay only two nights". We were adviced by Agoda Customer Support in an individual email to make the booking and pay the full 3-nights price, and one night would be refunded later. To tell a long story short: when we asked for the refund, they had all kinds of different excuses and refused to pay the refund.

Post Sales dep. did not answer our questions, and sent us emails with one-liners like 'the promotion was not valid for your room'. Why not? How could we know? .. no answers and no refund... so be carefull.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked with Agoda before?

From may until end of October a very large number of hotels offer free night offers, we have enjoyed those with the booking services I use, Beachsiam through Sawadee or Asiaoz and have never had any problems over years and years, also only paying 1 night deposit and the balance 2 weeks ahead suits me just fine, I never ever use those that ask for a credit card before being able to confirm a room is available, or, asking for the whole lot in advance, I just wouldn't do it.