We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Laguna Beach Hotel For Teenagers

Solihull
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Laguna Beach Hotel For Teenagers

Looking to go to Phuket for Easter. We have some friends going at the same time who will be staying at the Laguna Beach Resort, which is ideal for them as they have younger children. However my kids are teenagers, and was wondering if any of the other resorts in the laguna complex would be better for them (and us) as Easter is going to be extremely busy with lots of children around. I have tried to look at all previous reviews and keep going over all the hotel descriptions but I'm still undecided which hotel to choose. Any suggestions would be great.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Laguna Beach Hotel For Teenagers

are you saying that you don't want to be where there are lots of young kids...that you want somewhere quieter???? If thats what you are after and you want to be in the same resort complex as your friends then look at the Allamanda. It hasn't had wonderful reviews but we stayed there last year with our 3 kids and loved it. We were there in Peak season (January) and most of the time our kids were the only ones in the pool (when we visited the Laguna hotel pool it was absolutely packed with young kids as they had a water slide) and it was pretty quiet.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Laguna Beach Hotel For Teenagers

allamanda was DEAD whenwe went injuly..........nothing but pool for entertainment..our teeenagers loved the canoes tennis squash waterslide archery catamarans and many games of waterpolo etc. organised by staff WE WOULD NOT STAY AT ALLAMANDA WITH ACTIVE TEENAGERS......they would quickly be bored....ours loved wandering to all theseFREE activities.we are returning this july, after going to different places for the first week..................feel free to send private message if you want more info......cathy

Solihull
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Laguna Beach Hotel For Teenagers

Sorry for taking so long in replying back to you both. I did look at the Allamanda but like you say the reviews are not great. I think after a week of searching and reading through tons of brochures I have decided on the Sheraton ??? I think we are close enough to the laguna beach if that is where most of the activities take place and far enough away for hubby and myself to have some peace and quiet! Tell me if I'm wrong!!! We can then meet up with friends for the evening.

4. Re: Which Laguna Beach Hotel For Teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 11:23