We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

Gday all,

I am flying to Phuket in 1 week (24th Feb 2008) with my wife. We are people who don't book ahead and simply go for it!! However we were wondering if someone out there in Cyberspace could suggest a quiet beach where we can eat well, pay for cheap accommodation, get a few messages and just relax. (I suppose Patong is out)

We are going for over 2 weeks and the truth is, it doesn't really matter where we go as we enjoy everything we do, but it would be nice to get some heads up. We may take a few trips to surrounding Islands (could do with some advise there as well).

Would appreciate any help. Regards from Melbourne Australia.

P.S. If you could add some prices that would help. i.e cost of taxi to beach, hotel/hut prices etc..

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

Now,

You are really late to ask this question , but,

we love the Andaman Bang-Tao Resort in Bang Tao.

Realy nice bungalows right on the beach , tiny pool ,

but the beach is right there.

We loved their restaurant and the area is nicer than Patong but not far away.

There are lots of restaurants along the beach.

But they only have a few rooms so you will have to check.www.andamanresort.com

Good luck Lindy.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

PS,

Did you realise this is their high season.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

Thanx . Appreciate the help. Its way over our budget. We are looking for under $40 OZ. Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

Try Khao Lak, dont think its back to full occupancy since the tsunami, but you may well get a good bargain in any one of the resorts, and they are right on the beach, and its cheaper to eat there than Patong. You could still go to Patong for the day for shopping, just get a driver and leave early, of you dont mind a bit of travelling. Sue

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

Thanx once again. Cheer Jonathan

6. Re: Quiet Beaches - Cheap accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 10:19