We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Booking Site

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Booking Site

Which website do most of you use to book your Phuket hotel?

We had a great trip two years ago and enjoyed our hotel but it was spoilt slightly by not having the connecting rooms available that we had booked. Travelling with two small kids something like that is quite important to us to give us peace of mind at night.

Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Booking Site

We are returning in June this year and found booking directly with the Hotel (Holiday Inn) the cheapest price for our Phuket accommodation. I have also used HotelTravel.com for our Bangkok accommodation - very good rates. Asiarooms.com were a little cheaper but have read a few negative comments about them.

Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Booking Site

We are returning in June this year and found booking directly with the Hotel (Holiday Inn) the cheapest price for our Phuket accommodation. I have also used HotelTravel.com for our Bangkok accommodation - very good rates. Asiarooms.com were a little cheaper but have read a few negative comments about them.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Booking Site

Asiarooms.com is owned by the German TUI company. Asiarooms has its head office in Pattaya and usually has the best rates for hotels in Thailand.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Booking Site

We have used asiarooms but prefer hoteltravel.com who have been very good to deal with over a number of years. Hoteltravel do have a cheaper rate for some hotels as I always check both rates before booking so if close take hoteltravel. They also only take the payment just before you arrive giving time for a change of plans against immediate payment on most other sites.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Booking Site

Hi we used Sawadee, again pay deposit and remainder approx 3 weeks before travel. I would check both Hoteltravel and Asiareservations as well as Sawadee for same type of payment. We also used Agoda/Precision, for one hotel in Samui (better rate at the time), but beware as the first quote doesn't have the taxes etc added, so work through to final quote (usually in American dollars) before thinking you have a great deal. You pay total payment when room confirmed. We had a booking with Asiarooms which I had to cancel and received refund within 3 weeks, although I have read many horror stories in regard to this. Other than these we have booked direct with 2 other hotels via their web sites.

Lee

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Booking Site

Thanks everyone. I have heard of most of the sites mentioned apart from Sawadee which is one to look at. I presume from the name that they must be a Thai operator and I always think that you should get a good service from an agent/site who is based in the country where you intend to stay.

I`m not too bothered about saving a few pennies per night as much as getting the services that we`ve paid for. Maybe booking earlier would be better unless thay all require full payment in advance. Plenty to look at anyway, thanks again.

7. Re: Hotel Booking Site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 18:19