We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Airways

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Airways

Has anyone flown from Australia/Perth to Phuket with Thai? Iam not good flying so what are they like, entertainment etc? Thanks

gold coast...
Level Contributor
429 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Airways

Hi

We havent flown from perth but we have flown with thai form brisbane quite a few times. i have never had a problem food is okay nothing special new release movies. Seats are okay . the flight itself was smooth..... all good.

Cheers Teresa =)

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Airways

Our favourite airline. Travelling back to Bangkok from Sydney with them this weekend. Great service, food and wine as well as excellent seating. The in flight entertainmnet depends of the plane they are using.

Some have the seat units and other's the overhead, we think that their service and seating is so superior that the entertainment bit never worries us.

Actually had so may trips with them last year we have obtained the Gold Card and then you find out just how good they are. Have been given a full return upgrade to Europe for the cost of a economy fare. Never would have happened with Qantas.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Airways

Hi ness026,

Thai are fine to fly with. I have flown with them 7 of the 8 times to Phuket and will be flying with them in May. Food is fine, just the normal airline food. Crew are usually friendly & attentive...better than some QANTAS crew I've flown with. The aircraft they fly from Perth are Airbus A330 & have recently added the Boeing 777. Unfortunately these aircraft don't have seat back entertainment systems, but they have recent movies on the overhead screens. Don't worry, sit back, have a drink and enjoy the flight.

Ash

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Airways

Snap I have also just got my gold card with Thai. It is my prized possesion. Lovely airline.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Airways

we aslways use Thai from perth.. as Ashman said they dont have in seat entertainment, but the food is good and so is the service.. we are going this may for the 6?th time..

Perth
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Airways

Thai Airways Perth to Phuket is fine. No personal screens to my knowledge. Food is okay, staff always nice.

Only pain is Phuket airport these days. Combination of extra checks, traffic volume and the typical Thai speed of doing things can make for a fairly long and frustrating wait after the flight. Still it is all worth it.

7. Re: Thai Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 21:18