We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket bus

gold coast...
Level Contributor
429 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
phuket bus

hey guys does the local bus from patong go to the Big C ? if so what are the times is it every half hour or something like that.

thanks teresa

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket bus

Yes it does stop outside the big c and they are very frequent. Also the new shopping centre next door to big c.

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket bus

how do you know where to catch it and if it is the right one? Also can you then catch it from the big C into Phuket town?

Thanks

Karin

riga
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket bus

It goes every half an hour, costs 20 baht. I asked at the hotel, they told me where the nearest stop is.

it has a name plate : Patong - Phuket Town. there were also to buses to beaches. But thelast leaves at 17.00 from Pukettown.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket bus

It stops all along the beach road, in fact it starts at the beach up just past the holiday inn. You WILL know what one to catch. Coming back you have to cross a main road opposite where you got off. Check it out on arrival. The buses are crowded coming back but they manage to get lots of people on. Do both shopping centres while you are there, a short walk between them. The new one Central I think it is called has put big c in the shade, however both are good and you can get a foot massage at big c just up the escalators. All this talk makes me want to go there quick smart.

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket bus

Thanks for that info guys...

gold coast...
Level Contributor
429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: phuket bus

thanks guys i have seen them stop outside the Holiday inn . though it might be a fun thing to catch with the kids . we usally hire a tuktuk but i think the bus will be alot more interesting.... lol

Cheers Teresa =)

7. Re: phuket bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:16