We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 10 nights too long?

Evandale, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Is 10 nights too long?

We have booked 10 nights at Patong Merlin in September (myself, my husband and 18 and 15 year old son and daughter). Now I am wondering if this will be too long? Will we find plenty to do to fill in our days?

Would appreciate any thougts on this.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

hi,

I think you will find not long enough!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

Hi ackyg,

IMO, this is not too long! There is plenty to do in Patong, loads of restaurants, bars, shows, shops, beach sports, and great countryside to tour, try an elephant ride.

Good hotel, centrally located across the road to Patong beach, southern end. Feel free to PM me, if you have other questions, we are going in May, 2nd time, 26 days, Thailand is loads of fun!

Hope this helps....Enjoy!!!

Jill.

Goondiwindi...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

No way!! I'm going for 18 days and am worried I won't be able to do everything I want to. Check out the top ten things to do in Phuket on this forum and go from there.

Check out http://www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com - you'll find heaps of great info on their site.

Bec

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

I agree, 10 nights is really only 9 days as you lose the first day traveling. We had 16 nights and this was quite good, but we moved hotels once too often for my hubbie's liking. We had 5 nights in Samui and it was over before we knew it. There are many day trips you can choose from, but you may just want to have some relaxing days by the pool chilling as well. Sometimes it's nicer to shop in the evenings too, still hot, but no sun beating down on you.

Lee

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

10 nights is nowhere near enough. Why on earth would you think it'd be too much?

I just got back from 14 nights and it was so inadequate I've got to go for another 14 next year.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

Definately NOT long enough. My wife used to think 10 days was long enough when we booked the holiday, I insisted on 14 days, however with our busy working life it took us around a week to be fully relaxed and unwind, then we could enjoy the next week or so and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and lifesyle of Phuket. In my opinion....the longer the better!!

Australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

Oh not long enough, we did 12 days but could of happily spent a month in Phuket or even longer!!!!!

Maz :-)

Evandale, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Initially we were going to have 3 days in Bangkok and then a week in Phuket, but it worked out cheaper to spend the whole 10 days staying in Phuket. Sounds like we will have plenty to do but also time to relax. Can't wait. Have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts in this forum.

Thanks,

Debbie

RB2
Perth WA
Level Contributor
648 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

Definataly not too long, my wife and I first went for 8 day's then extended to 10 then to 12 so this year it will be 14 day's.

As long as it fits in with work and other commitments then the longer the better.

We will be making our 8th visit to the Patong Merlin this year and cant wait to be there once again.

Lovely hotel with lovely staff { reception girls could take a happy pill at times } and a great location regarding the beach, shopping, and restaurants & bars but far enough away from the buzz of Bangla rd but also close enough to walk there to experience it.

You's will have a ball, hope to hear about it when you get home....Ronnie.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,915 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 10 nights too long?

No its definately not to long, our first trip there was 13 years ago for 10 nights and it has grown steadily each time we return.

You will finds heaps of things to do and the days you do nothing and just laze around the pool will be just as good.

Cathy