We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Khao Lak

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Khao Lak

Hi!

I will be going to Khao Lak for the first time and wondering if there are car rentals there? Or should i arrange for one at the airport and self drive to Khao Lak myself?

Do i need a vehicle in Khao Lak or places are accessible by foot? Hmmm... as in are there lots of places or things to do that i need a vehicle to bring me around.

Please help me out here, anyone. Thanks!

~ anna ~

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Khao Lak

Hi Anna,

There will be car hire places in KL, look at the KL forum lots of good info on there. First timers you might look at hiring a driver to take you up there.

Hope this helps.....Jill.

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Khao Lak

Hi Jill.

Thanks for the reply and advice. It is my first to Khao Lak but not to Phuket.

Are you there now or you have returned? Trust you have a smashing time.

Read Alan's long JBR and printed it out to help me in my planning.

Can't seem to find out the price for a taxi from airport to Khao Lak. How much do i anticipate that to be?

~ anna ~

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Khao Lak

Hi Anna, haven't been there yet but have been reading plenty of info on Khao Lak and came across a post from Alan stating taxi prices fron Phuket airport to Khao Lak, here's a link to it:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k14…

Rene

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,238 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Khao Lak

Hi Anna,

Expect to pay about 1500 baht each way for a taxi from Phuket Airport to Khao Lak. There are plenty available. Turn right as you exit the Arrivals Hall and go to ticket booth for a metered taxi.

There are several car hire agencies at or near the airport both international (Hertz, Budget, Avis) or local ones which tend to be cheaper. I used Airport CarRent this year, having first established that they have proper insurance (absolutely vital in Thailand!). I'm not saying that others don't but some did not provide evidence or sufficient reassuring details when I enquired.

Plenty more info on the Khao Lak Forum.

Alan

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Khao Lak

Thanks Alan & Rene for your replies. Will check up those stuff.

Just wondering if you have heard of this Seafood haven along Chalong Bay or something like that? Failed to locate this last time i went to Phuket. Heard it has fresh seafood stalls along the whole stretch.

~ anna ~

6. Re: First time to Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:25