We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back This Morning

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Topic
Back This Morning

Hi All,

Just arrived back this morning after 2 awesome weeks in Phuket and Chiang Mai.

Will have a trip report hopefully in the next week.

Cheers,

Stewie.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back This Morning

Welcome back Stewie and Lola, It only seemed like yesterday you left!! Can't wait for the trip report especially Chang Mai. Hope all's well and Lola didnt suffer any stings or nasties this trip. LOL.

Sue & Col

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back This Morning

How's your back after carrying all that shopping, Stewie? It's probably a good thing you got some relief from the lightened load in the back pocket.

I'm also interested to hear about Chiang Mai. I've been wanting to get up there for ages.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back This Morning

Welcome home Stewie, glad you had a great trip, look forward to reading about it soon. Lee

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Back This Morning

Welcome back Stewie, glad you had a wonderful holiday, looking forward to the JBR. Jill.

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back This Morning

Hi Stewie,

welcome back!!! Great to hear that your trip was awesome! Don't make us wait to long for your JBR

Cheers

Karin

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back This Morning

Another warm welcome back, Stewie. Looking forward to hearing about your holiday, too.

X Sandy & John

West Aust
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back This Morning

Yeh me too Stewie, welcome back! Can't wait for your jbr, the last one was full of great info.

Jen

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Back This Morning

Hi All,

Well there were no nasties this time , only a couple of the ladies had funny tummies and a few mossie bites and a couple of hangovers.

Didn't bring an enormous amount of shopping ,lucky me,as my wife couldn't find pottery she liked , plenty of shoes though.

Tina ,Chiang Mai is great we will be definately going back there next time. Everything is so much cheaper and the people there are really friendly and less hassles.

We had some funny and weird things happen, In Phuket our friend ended up buying to left shoes from Expo in Phuket Town, In Chiang Mai I saw an elephant walking up the street past our hotel and i was sober when I saw it.

Also walked down an alley way , stopped by Police as there was a bomb in a rubbish bin, we hi tailed out of there quick caught a red van taxi, supposedly back to our hotel, who took us all over the place and would you believe we ended up next to the bomb in the rubbish bin again, by this time the tv news crew were there.

Also on one of my early walks from the hotel I nearly got knocked over by some guy who was being chased by 3 people , I think he had stolen their property as I saw he had a roll of electric cable and other items .

Cheers,

Stewie.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back This Morning

Hi Stewie, welcome back, sounds like a real little adventure you all had. Bit scary about the bomb especially coming across it twice....Glad your home safe :)Look forward to your tips.

Rene

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back This Morning

Welcome back Stewie,

Well it sounds like your jbr is going to be a ripper, we want every little detail as well ok.

Cathy