We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes Buying

Brisbane
5 posts
Save Topic
Clothes Buying

Is there a wide range of clothes sizes available to buy. I am a big guy shirt size XL and wondering if the shops carry the larger sizes. Same to with shoes etc???

Nakhon Si Thammarat...
Level Contributor
160 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes Buying

XL is available, and I have seen much bigger. Same with shoes but you may have to look more :)

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes Buying

Be aware that when buying T-shirts they will try to tell you that XL Costs more! Normally an extra 50 Baht per piece.

Don't swallow it like I did first up.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes Buying

Also make sure you try on everything (even if buying multiples of same item). Sometimes we have found that sizes can vary from item to item or that a different size ends up in the bag.

Kelly

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
920 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes Buying

Don't know where you are going to shop but I think it is a problem at most shops. I wear a size large in the western world but always buy XL here. To find bigger than that is usually a problem.

Now, if you go to the malls, you will have better luck finding western sizing and bigger sizes but the prices will also be higher.

5. Re: Clothes Buying

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 01:20