We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

Victoria- Aust
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
money

Can anyone tell me approx how many Baht in the Aussie dollar,, and should i exchange at Bankok or Phuket, i leave on the 9th of this month thanks....

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money

The rate has gone over 30 baht - AU$1.

Exchange it at either place the difference will be minimal, but of course don't change a cent until you arrive in Thailand.

Keep an eye on Siam Bank's website, where the current exchange rate is a generous 30.42625

scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm

Victoria- Aust
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: money

Thanks Fourb 2 web site is most helpfull .

RB2
Perth WA
Level Contributor
648 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money

Topped 31 Baht in todays paper, we were getting 28 Baht last year and another 3 Baht is like 15% on your money so good for the holiday maker and for the traders in Phuket with the tourists haviung more to spend. Have a great time.

Newcastle...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money

We just got back and it was abour 30 baht = $1, we used a card the whole time and got 3000 baht out at a time, and it was about $97

Victoria- Aust
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: money

Hi elliei14 you say that you used a card,,how much did it cost you each time that you used it ? Thanks Glenga..

Newcastle...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money

Hi Glenga,

I had a NAB Gold Visa Debit card and a Wizard Clear Advantage Mastercard. neither of these cards charge any transactions fees.

Victoria- Aust
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: money

Thank you so much elliei14 that changes my plans of what i was going to do . Once again thank you.It is great spot to get help here,, I hope i can help others when i return too!

Newcastle...
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: money

No worries..........have a great trip, we definetly did........love it over there.

9. Re: money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 02:17