We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone posted things home from Thailand

Central Coast...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone posted things home from Thailand

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has posted home any of their shopping from Thailand to Australia?

As its our first time we think we might go mad with the shopping over there and would like to not to have any excess on the plane as we have heard it can get expensive.

Any tips or advice would be great.

Thankyou

Betty

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone posted things home from Thailand

We have posted things home many times. Last year I posted home some leather boots I had made, cost was about $30 Oz. They were posted 2 days before we left and arrived 3 days after we were home. We have also posted back clothes and other items and a much better price than excess luggage costs.

Kelly

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
889 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone posted things home from Thailand

I've done it aprox. 6 times to the US.

Every time it has gotten there. One time, when i shipped it via boat (slowest way) it got there but had been crushed like it was run over by a truck or something.

I think Thai post is reliable.

3. Re: Has anyone posted things home from Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 08:20