We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurant

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic restaurant

We are counting down to our first ever overseas trip to Phuket for our honeymoon, arriving on 14 June and staying at moevenpick at Karon. we have only just discovered this forum and have found great tour recommendations already including Simba sea trips and elephant trips etc. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a "Special" (read romantic) restaurant to celebrate our new life together As we are leaving brissie straight after our wedding (second time for both of us), are not having a reception and are flying overnight, I would like to take my wife to be out for a romantic dinner on our first night there. Any other suggestions on what to do in Phuket would be appreciated.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic restaurant

The most romantic setting I have seen (and great food IMO) on Phuket, or anywhere in the world for that matter, is the new Sala PHuket up on the northern part of the island near the Marriott. It is a 5 star hotel and has huge 2 person chairs setting around near the beach and restaurant and next to the huge infinity pools as well as roof top dining (secluded) and many similar options.

You would need a car or taxi to get there and it is not very close to the MovenPick but a very romantic setting with excellent food.

I have heard that the MovenPick is very nice but have not experienced it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic restaurant

Baan Rim Pa is certainly a romantic restaurant. Get there before it gets dark to see the sunset.

They have a website with a menu, do a search

Enjoy

Pam

Phuket
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic restaurant

Ratri Jazztaurant in Kata is romantic place for dinner too, try to search its site. Enjoy!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic restaurant

I would recommend "Into the Med" at the Evason Resort. Stunning ocean views with alfresco dining, excellent service and fantastic food!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic restaurant

Hi Guys

Thank you for your recommendations, all looked great places to dine. I have made a reservation for the Ratri Jazztaurant as I believe my partner will enjoy the music as well as the views. I will feedback on the restaurant when we return.

Thanks again

Andy

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic restaurant

Just so you know, Andy, they only do Thai food at Ratri, no western food at all, so hope that's ok for both of you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic restaurant

Hi Athena

Thanks for letting me know. I am ok with them serving thai food. My old neighbours were from Laos and owned a thai restaurant here in brisbane. They would often invite me to parties they held at there house. The food they cooked was unbelievable, a mix of different asian cuisines, thai, vietnamese. malaysian and others, it was so good. So am really looking forward to trying the local food and am hoping it to be one of the highlights of our trip.

Andy

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic restaurant

I'm glad that's ok with you Andy, having those neighbours sounds fantastic. We get to eat at Thai friends homes here in Phuket and we love it so much.

I just thought I'd let you know, as quite often people expect to get a choice of western and Thai food.

I think you will enjoy Ratri. Fantastic jazz band!

9. Re: Romantic restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 09:25