We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

artist

southern england
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
artist

I've asked the same question in the Chiang Mai section.

Are there likely to be any artists that could draw a picture of my dog from a photo?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: artist

Yes, I've seen several in Patong.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: artist

And there's quite a few here in Nai Harn/Rawai that paint from photos.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: artist

hi nearlyold there is a fellow that works out off the patong merlin hotell in the beach foyer entrance next to the dentist he is verey verey good we have had several diffrent drawings done with him over the last few years and have been verey pleased with his work his prices seem to be a little cheaper than others as well hope this helpes kob rob

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: artist

Hi. I had my children drawn by an artisit in the grounds of Horizon Beach Resort( Next to Holiday Inn)

He took the photo and did the drawing from that. It was fantastic. We were very happy with it. The cost varies. Apart from him I think there are many others. good luck. Jane

newcastle
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: artist

There's also a couple of artists at the Holiday Inn that draw from photos. I think from memory they can be done in either charcoal or colour.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: artist

G'day nearlyold

Last year we had 2 large (23" x 20") paintings done of our family from photos.

They were done by the Best Art Gallery at the top end of Prachanukhro Road (other end to the beach). Quite easy walk from beach/Holiday Inn area. Left 2 photos with the really nice young lady after negotiating and agreeing to 7500Bt (about $A130 each) – left $AU50 note as deposit (she asked for 2000Bt). Paintings done by her brother.

Paintings were very good, took about 8 days (I'm sure could be done quicker - we were in no hurry) and you can check before pickup and request alterations and changes.

You can view these paintings on http://picasaweb.google.com/peturner45

Peter

southern england
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: artist

thankyou all very much for your help, it's much appreciated.

8. Re: artist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 00:17