We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket in september- weather to go??

melbourne
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
phuket in september- weather to go??

Hi, Hoping that someone can help me. We normally holiday in Bali however decided to head to Thailand this September, but unfortunately didn't check the weather details, and now am really worried about the rain. Can someone advise re Phuket- I've heard that it is wet in September and I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been at this time of year- we are taking two children so don't want to be stuck in the hotel the whole time. What experiences have others had with the weather at this time of the year?

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,915 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Hi there, we have been to Phuket in September and the weather was not a problem. Sure it rained sometimes but nothing bad enough to stop our tours (sea kayaks) it will still be hot and the sun will still shine.

Cathy

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Hi

It rained while i was there but never all day. The sun allways comes back out after. We can never predict in this current climate. Whatever you will still have a great time.

Julie

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

we actually had more rain when we went in January than when we went in September. We found that when it did rain is was usually late evening or overnight. Thankfully its still warm in Phuket when it rains (not like in Adelaide or Melbourne!) so it doesn't stop you doing things and sometimes when its really hot its nice to have some rain.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Hi Job Job,

we also have booked to go september with our 2 kids but the way we see it the kids club is indoors and the happy hour is poolside so who will really care if it rains or not.The weather we are having here in melbourne i wouldnt care if it was 25degress let alone frost on the cars.

cheerio,

ally

Adelaide
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Yes... You are in the same position as us! We are going to Phuket from the 10th to the 16th. We love our outdoor activities but we dont mind if we get a little bit of rain!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

I love the positive remarks about September weather, and unfortunately agree with Julie that it looks like the weather is becoming more and more unpredictable all over the world. Not a good sign IMO.

Take into account though, that September is traditionally the wettest month on Phuket (although last year it was quite nice), with the biggest chance of rain for a couple of full days in a row of all months.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Hi Spotsandots,

We are leaving on the 10th aswell ,you are not flying with singapore airline are you? We arrive at holiday inn some time after 8.00pm so hopefully will have enough time for a quick squizz around before kids go to bed.We are so not fussed about the rain the way we see it ,just stick your hand over your stubby and youll be fine ,its only water remember and us melbourners would sure love some down our way.

cheers,

ally

Albury,Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

We went in September last year and the weather was great rained the day we arrived and the day we left. The first day we were there we just wandered around in the rain I'm sure they thought we were mad but we hadn't seen rain for a while and it was still very warm. We are heading over again this September as well 65 sleeps to go.

Sue

Adelaide
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Hey Ally!

Yes we are travelling with singapore airlines on the 10th. We are leaving from Adelaide though.

63 sleeps! We all can't wait wheather the weather is bad or fantastic it will be a great experience!

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: phuket in september- weather to go??

Hey Lauren & Brenda,

Yeh we must be arriving at the same time i think we land at 7.20pm or something from melbourne.Geez you were lucky getting le meridian,we booked about 10mths ago for holiday inn and were stoked we got it then.Silly question but by any chance did singapore airlines change your plane from a 777 to a 747 on your arriving flight,cause they did it to us and were peeved because we lost our seats we had booked online,anyway hope to c u around.Me and hubby will be at happy hour holiday inn style most days i suspect.

cheerio,

ally