We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

perth
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

We have booked a trip through river rovers and they have asked for 50% deposit, being 5000 bht.

we have arranged to pay this via paypal but there is no thai bht option for transfer of funds.

do I just work out how much 5000 bht is in A$ and transfer the Aus $ amount.

I hope this makes sense. Any advise would be great.

I have never used paypal for international use before.

perth
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

does anyone know?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

Ask River Rovers to send you a 'payment request'. That works easiest.

perth
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

Thanks Steven.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
890 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

Pay pal has not made it's way to Thai banks yet.

Hopefully someday it will. I believe they have to trust the security of the banking here before implementing it in thailand.

This doesn't mean that the company doesn't accept it. But they would have to have it set up through a bank in a different country if they do accept pay pal.

You'll have to ask them. I have an online business and do accept paypal but it is through a US bank. I have been paid by Australians already but the funds were in US dollars as that is what i requested and the option would be on your paypal payment page. But, again, Thai baht is not listed as you know for the above reasons.

Perhaps ask them to do the conversion for you, and then check it. You may have to use a credit card. Most sites that accept credit cards are secure and encrypted. Good luck.

perth
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

thanks fiddledude. just got an email from river rovers. paying in A$ is okay. so all sorted.

thanks for your advise.

6. Re: Paying BHT through paypal HELP please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:20