We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

Can someone recommend a luxury hotel for us to stay during our honeymoon? We do not want to stay in Pudong as it sounds too lively. However, we would like to be close enough so that we can go there for a day trip or visit at night.

We want to stay somewhere where we can walk right on the beach within a minute. We would like the hotel to have all the 5-star amenities and service and the hotel room and bathroom to be spacious. Ideally, we would be within 15 minutes away from nice shopping and restaurants. The beach should not be too crowded, but offer enough water activities.

Are there any locations and hotels that fit this description?

Thank you in advance for your help and recommendations!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

You got some answers to your previous post. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k209…

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
972 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

Sounds like you're looking for the Sala Phuket.

It's up in the northern part of the island, very new, very nice, huge bathrooms, huge pools (many) right on the beach (although it's not a good swimming beach as it gets deep rather quickly i believe)

Check it out. Expensive but first class all the way.

I think they are rated on the "Trip Advisor" Hotel list.

Mentioned in this post
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
SALA Phuket Resort and...
1,792 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

Have a look at

http://www.phuket.com/sheraton/index.htm

Friends stayed, said it was fantastic, but it is more than 15 minutes from Patong.

Really, if you stayed at the north end of Patong beach, you would get the best of both worlds.

see

http://www.laflorapatong.com/

or

http://www.phuket.com/impiana-phuket-cabana/

check latestays.com for pricing

or look at Kata or Karon.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,486 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
chicago, illinois
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

We're heading to phuket for our honeymoon oct/nov and decided on 3 nights at mom tri's villa royale and then 5 nights at the JW marriot. we figured 3 nights on kata beach would give us enough 'action' and then we would spend the next 5 nights doing a whole lot of nothing at the JW.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

There are plenty of luxury places ideal for a honeymoon, Mom Tri's is a nice idea, also Sala Phuket. Adamas is another idea, perhaps Trisara.

You can try from a top 20 selection:

www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com/top-20.html

There are also some very romantic pool suites at many of the resorts

www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com/pool-villas.html gives some ideas.

Kata beach does sound though the most ideal for you as enough without being too much.

Mentioned in this post
1,792 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Trisara
Trisara
901 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
6,636 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

yonder,

I understand that the JW Marriott is next to the SALA Phuket. Can I ask if you considered the SALA Phuket and if so, why you decided to go with JW Marriott instead?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
1,792 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Ottawa
Level Contributor
347 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

Hey - we are honeymooning in Phuket in October and are staying at the Chedi. Its not your typical luxery hotel, but I can't imagine a more romantic setting. It is a community of huts connected by walkways, has a beautiful private beach and a great pool. it can be pricey depending on when you go, teh fall is quite afordable.

Good luck and congratulations!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
chicago, illinois
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

dkk-

My wife to be has stayed in different JW Marriots around the world, so this was a no brainer for her and I know better than to argue!

9. Re: Honeymoon hotel in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 22:15